Chapter 68.

The next day, Daryl and I actually went out hunting. He knew I wanted to be on my own for a while so we went out to hunt some squirrels for later. He strung them out on a rope he'd found. We were also checking for tracks, Daryl was feeling paranoid about the noise we heard last night, told me and Rick this morning he felt as if someone was watching us. We were heading back to the group now, having caught at least seven or eight squirrels. We walked finally reached the group, snapping a twig as we did, causing them all to jump and raise there weapons at us. Daryl lifted his hands, one containing the squirrels and the other holding his crossbow.

"We surrender." He grumbled before dropping his arm. We began to walk as Rick came over to us. "No tracks. No nothing." Daryl told him.

"So whatever you heard last night..."

"It's more what I felt." Daryl corrected. "If someone was watchin' us, there would have been somethin'." He explained. Rick nodded at Daryl before we continued to walk. Rick hung back, ordering everyone to stay close.

"How's your leg today?" Daryl asked.

"Fine." I told him. He grunted before walking a head of me. I sighed, knowing I was pushing him away. I stopped for a moment, leaning against a tree.

"You okay?" Rick asked.

"I'm fine, just resting my leg." I mumbled. He nodded before continuing to walk. I closed my eyes for a moment, contemplating rushing off into the forest and never looking back. I stared off as the group got further and further away.

"Don't even think about it." Glenn's voice sounded, making me jump. I looked back, he was standing beside the tree looking at me.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"To know what's going on?" He snapped.

"I don't know what's 'going on', Glenn, why don't you go and as your new best friend." I said, raising my voice angrily, referring to Tara, before storming away. I quickly caught up with th rest of the group, with Glenn following.

"The hell is that suppose mean, Piper? Are you getting fricking jealous?!" Glenn called, grabbing the attention of some of the people in the group.

"Just drop it Glenn, leave me alone." I yelled.

"Both of calm, down if you keep shouting your gonna draw the walkers to us." Rick said, butting in.

"Well tell her to stop being such a-a jealous bitch." Glenn snapped.

"Oh no, you did not..." I growled stepping forward but an arm round my waist stopped me. I knew instantly it was Daryl.

"Take her away to calm down." Rick told Daryl, who was still holding me.

"Don't ever speak to me again, Glenn." I sneered before turning away, pushing the Daryl's hand off my waist, and walking away. I stomped away, feeling like shit.

"Leave me alone, Daryl." I called at the sound of footsteps behind me. Before Daryl could speak, screams echoed through the trees.

"Help! Help, anybody! Help!" A male's voice called. I looked back at Rick who was standing with Carl.

"Dad, come on." Carl said, Rick looked up a Daryl. "Come on! Come on." Carl pleaded. Rick sighed but nodded before we all rushed in the direction of the pleads for help. We came to a small clearing where a man was sat upon a rock trying to kick away the walkers snapping at his feet. Carl shot one of them, as Rick smashed one's head on the boulder. I rushed over and angrily stabbed another in the head. One came out from behind the rock but Daryl shot it before it got too close. I nodded at him.