Chapter 10.

Piper's Point of View.

We slowly entered the compound, guns raised. Rick called out as we looked around the lobby. This place was huge. Suddenly someone cocked their gun. We all raised our in the direction of the sound to see a man stood there, holding a gun up at us. "Anybody infected?" He called. 

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick explained. 

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asked. 

"A chance." 

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The man said. Rick nodded. 

"I know." He mumbled. The man looked at us all before sighing. 

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." The man informed. 

"We can do that." Rick agreed. 

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." The man said. Rick nodded before we all rushed out, back to the cars. Daryl and I grabbed our clothes and other stuff before we rushed back inside with the group. The man swiped a card through the keycard machine. "Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." He said before the shutters closed and the lights went out. 

"Rick Grimes." Rick introduced. 

"Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man replied, hesitantly looking round at us. He then led us to an elevator. We all gathered inside as Jenner pressed a button and the elevator hummed to life and began to move. I was stood by the wall with Daryl who's arm was lazily slung over my shoulder. 

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" He asked Jenner, referring to his gun. 

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough. Except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." Edwin joked, looking down at Carl, who smiled. Once the elevator stopped the door opened revealing a long corridor which Jenner began to lead us down.

"Are we underground?" I asked, feeling slightly anxious. 

"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner asked. 

"A little." I replied. 

"Try not to think about it." He told me as we entered a large room. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room." He ordered before the lights switched on. "Welcome to zone 5." He said. 

"Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Rick asked. 

"I'm it. It's just me here." Jenner shrugged, turning back to us. 

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori asked. 

"Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them... Welcome." Jenner ordered. 

"Hello, guests. Welcome." An electronic voice sounded. 

"I'm all that's left. I'm sorry." Jenner said looking down. He then lead us to a room that looked like a lecture room at a college. One by on the group each submitted a small vile of blood. I felt my palms become sweaty from the sight of the needle as I sat in the chair. 

"Scared of needles?" Jenner asked. 

"A little." I squeaked. 

"Is that all you say?" He smirked as he began to push the needle into my arm . I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. "Done." I peeked down at my arm which now had a small dot where the needle had went. I smiled up at him before getting up and walking over to Daryl. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned against him, feeling slightly light-headed from dehydration.