Chapter 60.

Okay guys, so I'm skipping a lot in this chapter, in fact it's a whole episode but it doesn't really add anything to the story so I'm skipping it!

Enjoy this chapter!!

.........................................................

Piper's Point of view.

To occupy ourselves, Glenn and I decided to help Hershel out on his rounds. People were getting worse by the minute. No-one had died yet though Dr. S was getting pretty bad too, so he was unable to help us anymore, although he made more drips for us. Glenn and I were getting weaker by the hour though. It was horrible, feeling like this. Knowing you could choke on your own blood at any minute.

Right now, we were trying to help a man who had already begun coughing up blood. Glenn and I were trying to hold him down whilst Hershel put the breathing tube down his throat.

"Henry, I need you to calm down. We're trying to help." Hershel snapped, feeding the tube into his throat. Glenn and I struggled to control his hands as he tossed about, trying to wriggle free.

"No--!" Glenn gasped, pushing down Henry's hand. I grabbed the other, holding it down as well. Finally Hershel got the tube in place and began pumping air into Henry's lungs, helping him breathe. I sat back and began coughing, as did Glenn.

"Drink some of that." Hershel ordered Glenn, pointing at the tea. "Both of you." He added, looking up at me. Glenn grabbed a cup and passed it to me before taking one for himself. I sipped the tea before sitting back and leaning against the wall. "Some council meeting, huh?" Hershel scoffed.

"We're three members short." I said, referring to Sasha, Daryl and Carol.

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back." Hershel announced. "I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." He joked, making me smile slightly. "First we have to find some spaghetti." He added. Glenn looked down and sighed. Hershel then looked back over at me. "You okay to take over?" He asked. I nodded and pushed myself off the wall before taking the bag from him. "Every five to six seconds, squeeze. You start feeling lightheaded, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts." He explained and I nodded again, squeezing the bag. "You want to help me go on my rounds?" Hershel then asked Glenn.

"Yeah." He replied before the two stood up and left. I continued to squeeze the bag, watching Henry's chest rise up, then fall down. I sighed, thinking about Daryl. They'd been out all day now, I just wished I could see him again. I pulled the picture I took out my pocket, as I squeezed the bag again. I smiled down at the picture. He had his usual scowl on, but I loved it. I loved how he was always moody but when we were on our own he showed me his completely loving and caring side. I put the picture back into my pocket as I carried on helping Henry breathe. I did this for another 20 minutes before Sasha came in.

"Want me to take over?" She asked, kneeling down next to me.

"Yeah, I'm feelin' a little light headed." I sighed, handing her the bag. "Hershel said, every five to six seconds, squeeze the bag." I told her she nodded and began to squeeze the bag. I sat against the wall, leaning my head back against it. I closed my eyes and drifted away.

............................................

I woke up, still leant against the wall. I looked up to see Glenn, pumping air into Henry. I smiled and pushed myself off the wall.

"Wow Sasha, did you change your clothes?" I asked, smirking slightly. He smiled weakly at me. "When did you get here?" I asked.

"Not long ago, Sasha went to rest and didn't want to wake you." Glenn replied. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked.

"No, I still feel like crap too." I said, crawling over and sitting beside him. I leant my head on his shoulder and continued to watch Henry's chest rise and fall. "Do you think we'll make it?" I whispered.

"I don't know, honestly." Glenn replied.

"If I don't and you do, tell Daryl I love him, and that I'll say hi to Merle for him." I told Glenn.

"Okay." He whispered. "And if I don't tell Maggie I love her, and tell Daryl I'll say hi to Merle." He said. I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Okay." I sighed. I closed my eyes and listened as footsteps approached the cell.

"Thank you." Hershel's voice sounded.

"No problem." Glenn replied, before footsteps faded away. "You still with us Pipe?" Glenn then asked, looking down at me.

"Yup, how are you doing?" I asked, lifting my head off his shoulder.

"Honestly, I've felt better." Glenn said. I scoffed.

"I think, we all have." I said, before coughing. I lifted my head off Glenn shoulder and covered my mouth with my hand. Once I'd stopped I continued to watch Glenn Squeeze and release the bag until suddenly, he stopped. I frowned over at him as he stared down at the lifeless man before feeling for Henry's pulse. He looked over at me before back down at the man.

"Squeeze the bag when I say so." He told me before beginning to give CPR. I grabbed the bag and squeezed it when Glenn nodded at me. He continued to push down onto the man''s chest, growing weaker as he did so. He felt for a pulse again, but shook his head.

"Hersh--" Glenn began before coughing. "Hershel--" He coughed again, this time uncontrollably. I panicked and rushed to his side as he continued to cough.

"Glenn!" I exclaimed. "Glenn calm down." I gasped as he fell to the floor. I lay him on his side, trying to clear his airways. "Glenn, stay with me." I cried, suddenly feeling weak. "Glenn, come on, please." I whispered as I back against the wall beside him, feeling suddenly tired. My eyes drooped as Lizzie appeared at the cell door. She gasped before calling out for my uncle. Suddenly, Henry began to move, snarling as he did. My eyes grew more heavy and the last thing I saw was Lizzie, leading Henry out and away from Glenn and I.

....................................

"Pipe?" A echoed voice called. "Piper, wake up." The same voice sounded. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I was in a new cell. I was lying in the bunk with a needle in my arm. I followed the tube it was connected to and it lead to a drip. "Good to have you back." Maggie said, holding my hand. I smiled over at her.

"Glenn? How's Glenn." I rushed.

"He's fine, breathing on his own now, he's on a drip like you." She told me I smiled and nodded. "There's someone who wants to see you, think you can walk?" Maggie asked. I nodded before slowly pulling myself up. I grabbed the drip and hooked it onto my pants. Maggie lead me out of the cell, out into the cell block. My heart burst when I saw Daryl standing, talking to Michonne.

"Long time no see." I called, leaning against the wall, still feeling slightly weak. Daryl rushed over to me, lifting me into his arms, bridal style. "Careful, I got a drip." I smirked, wrapping my arms round his neck. He laughed, pressing his forehead against mine. "I'm tired." I whispered. "Take me back to my cell, we can talk in there." He nodded and carried me back to my cell and placing my onto the bunk. He knelt down next to me, taking my hand. "I've been thinking, while I was in here..." I started.

"'Bout what?" Daryl asked.

"About him, our baby." I admitted, looking up at Daryl.

"What about 'im?" He asked.

"I was just wonderin', what would you have called him?" I asked. He looked down at our hands before peering back up at me.

"I was thinkin', maybe um, Jake, you know, like you brother." He said. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Jake Dixon." I said. "That would have been a great name."