Chapter 80.

Wow, 80 chapters!! Thanks to everyone who's been reading!! It means so much!! Love you guys!!

Piper's Point of View.

Right now, I was stood by the barn door, waiting for the guys to return. Judith had started crying so Rick was trying to calm her down by feeding her some crushed nuts. He looked like he was struggling so I walked over and held my arms out to him. He placed her into my arms and I lightly bounced her on my hip, shushing her slightly. 

"You did see the jar of applesauce in my bag, right?" Aaron suddenly asked, as Judith continued to cry. Rick glared up at him before continuing to crush the nuts. "This isn't a trick. This isn't about trying to make you like me. It's self-preservation because if the roamers hear her and come this way, I know I'll be the first to go." He continued. Rick stopped what he was doing and stood up, still looking at Aaron. 

"Shh, shh. All right." Rick cooed to Judith, who was crying in my arms. I looked up at him and gestured towards the apple sauce with my eyes. He leant over a kissed Judith's head before sending me another look. Letting out a sigh he walked over to the apple sauce and opened t, using the spoon to scoop some out. He then walked over to Aaron, I quickly followed, still trying to calm Judith as he held out the spoon to Aaron.  

"You think I'm trying to poison your baby daughter?" He asked, offended. "I'm tied up and you've already expressed a willingness to stab me in the head. How would cruelly killing your daughter in front of you in any way help the situation?" He snapped. Rick bent down to his level. 

"Maybe she doesn't die. Maybe she gets sick. Maybe you're the only one that can help her and I just lose."

"I am the only one who can help her because I have applesauce and we all win." Aaron retorted. Rick didn't reply, only hold the spoon to Aaron's face. "I hate applesauce. My mom used to make me eat foods I didn't like to make me more manly. Salmon patties, applesauce, and onions. She was a very confused woman who tried her damnedest. I just bring the jar to show that we have apple trees nearby." Aaron said, pleading. 

"Like you said, you'll be the first to go." Rick mused, before pushing the spoon to Aaron's lips. He reluctantly took the spoon between his lips and ate some of the apple sauce, making a disgusted face after. Rick then licked the spoon, tasting the sauce for himself. He then stood up and walked back over to the jar. 

"The community is big enough. We can find a place for you to live where even when she cries, no one, nothing can hear it outside the walls." Aaron explained, making me smile slightly. 

"You got 43 minutes." Rick mumbled. I sighed and walked over to him, still holding a crying Judith. Rick loaded the spoon up to Judith and she gladly accepted it. 

"Do you like that?" I cooed as she at the food. She giggled slightly as Rick fed her more. 

"You wanna try some?" Rick asked me.  I nodded before opening up my mouth. He sent me a small smile before feeding me some apple sauce. I laughed slightly but Rick just shook his head. 

"You two make a lovely couple." Aaron commented. I looked at him in shock before shaking my head. 

"Oh, we're...we're not together." I told him. 

"Oh, it doesn't look like that, I thought that she was your daughter too." Aaron stated. I glanced up at Rick who was already looking at Judith and I. 

"Well it is like that, and she's not her daughter." He then said, looking back at Aaron. 

.......................................................

It was about a half hour later that the guys returned. They told us that they had found a car and an RV full of canned foods which they brought back with them. Rick let out a sigh as he rummaged through the different canned goods. My stomach involuntary rumbled at the sight of all the food.