Chapter 44.

We had just arrived at the store. Maggie and I climbed out of the car, both of us pulling our guns out and scoping the area for walkers. Maggie checked on one side, while I checked the other. "Clear on this side." I heard Maggie call. I looked round one last time before walking back over to the two.

"Clear over here t--" I stopped myself when I came face to face Glenn and Maggie making out. "Do you guys really have to suck face now?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. The two pulled back from each other and smirked at me.

"You're one to talk." Maggie said before looking round. "It's a beautiful day." She smiled. I nodded in "agreement.

"Let's take a look." Glenn said before grabbing the bolt cutters and walking over to the doors. He broke the chain holding the doors shut, and pulled it off before opening the doors. The three of us ducked, as bats flew out at us, causing Maggie to gasp. Glenn looked back at us before stepping inside. Maggie and I stood just outside. I noticed a cuddly toy duck on the floor and instantly thought of the baby. I tapped Maggie's arm and pointed at it.

"Glenn, get that duck." Maggie called.

"What?" Glenn asked.

"Get that duck." I repeated. Glenn chuckled and looked back at us.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yeah." Maggie said.

"A kid growing up in a prison could use some toys." I added. Maggie and I waited outside while Glenn scavenged inside. We were keeping a look out in case of any walkers. After about ten to fifteen minutes, Glenn re-emerged from the store with a basket full of things.

"We just hit the powdered formula jackpot." He exclaimed.

"Oh, thank God." Maggie sighed.

"I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it in time for dinner." Glenn explained.

"I like the quiet though, back there, back home, you can always hear them outside the fence no matter where you are." Maggie sighed. I began to walk round the side of the car to get in.

"And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" That familiar voice rang through the air. My eyes widened as I turned to see hi standing there, holding a gun up to us. We eached pulled ours out on him.

"Merle?" I exclaimed.

"Wow!" Merle said, a smile on his face. He placed his gun down and began walking over to us. I noticed the knife sticking from the plastic guard that was on his stump.

"Hey, back the hell up!" Maggie yelled, stopping Merle.

"Okay, okay, honey. Jesus." Merle laughed.

"You made it." Glenn sneered. I dropped my aim slightly, relieved that Merle was actually alive.

"Can you tell me, is my brother alive? Huh?" Merle asked, looking back at me.

"Yeah, Merle, he is." I told him. A relieved look crossed his face.

"Hey, you take me to him and I'll call it even on everything that happened up there in Atlanta. No hard feelings. Huh?" Merle suggested, looking back at Glenn. I looked over at Glenn too, who glanced at Merle's hand. "You like that?" Merle laughed. "Yeah. Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Well, pretty cool, huh?" He asked.

"We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out to meet you." Glenn said.

"Hold on. Just hold up. Hey, the fact that we found each other is a miracle. Come on, now, you can trust me." Merle told us.