Chapter 19.

"How is that fair?" Andrea snapped, glaring at me. I had just told the group about mine and Daryl's talk earlier and let's just say that someone isn't happy.

"No, its completely fair, that is her family, she has every right to stay in that house." Rick told Andrea.

"Oh, so she get a comfy bed while we're stuck out here in tents." Andrea retorted.

"Fine, if I'm causing this much crap I'll just stay in the RV." I said.

"No, you stay in the house, like you were going to." Maggie cut in. "She's family, she used to come here every summer when we were little girls, she has her own room and she's stayin' in it where you like it or not!" She snapped at Andrea who rolled her eyes and walked away. I smiled at Maggie who grabbed my bag. "Come on, let's get you settled in." She smiled before we walked inside. She lead me up to my old room, the one I used to stay in when I came here for the summer. "Daddy's not changed much, only the size of the bed." Maggie told me as we entered the room. I smiled as memories came rushing back. Maggie dropped my bag down on the floor before sitting on the bed. I sat down next to her and sighed.

"I kinda feel bad now, this bed is so comfy." I told Maggie with a slight chuckle.

"Well you shouldn't, Rick's right, we're family, you have every right to stay here." She retorted. I smiled and glanced out the window. I laughed and walked over to it.

"At least I have somewhere to go whenever I'm upset." I commented, referring to the flat roof just outside the window.

"I remember when you used to sit out there whenever you were upset." Maggie smiled. I nodded back at her before looking out the window again. My smile faltered when I saw Daryl sitting outside of his tent on his own. I shook off the uneasy feeling I got and went and sat back on the bed. "Well, I'll let you get some sleep, it's gonna be another long day tomorrow." Maggie smiled. I nodded and pulled her into a hug.

"Night Maggie." I said as she got up.

"G'Night Piper." She said before exiting the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next day, early. I wanted to help in the search for Sophia. I changed into my black jeans and red flannel shirt before pulling on my black combat boots. I strapped on my gun holster before grabbing my knife and heading downstairs. I said a quick 'good morning' to my uncle before heading outside. I walked over to the group, who were all awake.

"Morning Piper." Carol smiled, she was hanging out the laundry with Lori.

"Hey Carol." I smiled back before walking over to Shane and Andrea, who were stood by the car with Daryl. "Morning." I said to Daryl. He grunted in reply before giving me a short nod. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Morning, guys, let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover." Rick called, approaching us.

"Hey Rick, I wanna help out today." I told him, as he began to roll out a map on the car bonnet.

"No, you stay here." Daryl cut in.

"Rick, please let me help today." I said, ignoring Daryl. Rick glanced over at Daryl before looking back at me. He gave a short nod.

"Alright, you can help." He said. I smiled and nodded at him. "All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might have gone further east than we've been so far." Rick explained. Before he could go on, Jimmy butted in.

"I'd like to help, I know the area pretty well and stuff." He said, as Shane sat in the open car.

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick asked.