Chapter 51.

The next day was spent keeping watch, looking out in case the Governor was going to strike again. Rick had gone out on a run with Carl and Michonne. I've spent most of the day avoiding Daryl. I knew he'd want to talk, especially after last night, when I stood with him. I think, he thinks, we're okay, but I'm still working on forgetting. I don't think I'll ever forget that. I was stood in my cell, in front of my mirror. My shirt was off and I was looking at my bruised body. I felt self conscious. My stomach was purple and blue, and my rib cage had a nasty green bruise. I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself. I let out another sigh before grabbing my shirt off the bed and pulling it on. I grabbed my rifle and headed out of my cell. I walked down the stairs and out of the cells. I was met with Beth, who smiled up at me. 

"Hey Pipe, what are you doing?" She asked. 

"I'm gonna go scope around the areas Rick cleared out, see if there's anythin' of use." I explained. Beth nodded and smiled again. 

"Be careful, okay?" She said. I nodded. 

"Always am." I chirped before kissing her cheek and heading out of the cell block. I crept through the hall, my gun held up, my senses on high alert. I stepped into cell block D. We'd cleared it out for the prisoners, but I guess there was no point. They're all dead now. I searched through the cell block, not finding anything of use before I left. I continued down the hall, not finding all that much. I then found a door. I slowly opened it to find a ladder. I took the strap of my gun and slung it over my shoulder before beginning to climb. The climb was quite a long one and once I reached the top there was a square shaped hatch. I pushed it opened climbed up. I smiled when I realized I was on the roof. I quickly scoped the roof for walkers, but there were none. I sigh contently before walking over to the edge of the roof, looking off onto the field and courtyard. I pulled my gun off and aimed down. I looked through the visor, aiming at a walker. I shot, the sound rippling through the air. I decided against shooting any more, and instead sat down, placing my rifle next to me and pulling my knees to my chest. I stared out into the trees which surrounded this prison. This was probably the safest I've felt in a while. I felt free up here. I didn't feel trapped. I smiled and closed my eyes, feeling content. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how long I had been up on the roof but I know it was too long. Long enough for the group to grow worried and begin to yell around the courtyard. "Piper!" Daryl's voice echoed. I stood up, leaving my gun on the ground, and walked over to the edge of the roof. Daryl was looking frantically round the courtyard. 

"Daryl!" I called down. He stopped in his tracks. "Up here!" I shouted. He looked up at me frowning. 

"How'd you get up there?" He asked. 

"There's a door, near cell block D." I told him with a smile. He nodded and smiled back before heading back into the prison. I went and sat back down, my legs crossed this time as I waited for Daryl to find me. I guess not all good things last and it was about time him and I spoke. I couldn't exactly ignore him for the rest of the apocalypse now could I? Wait, could? No, I can't. I shook my head at my thoughts, letting out a light chuckle. 

"What's so funny?" That familiar voice sounded. I closed my eyes and smiled as a presence fell beside me. I opened my eyes and looked over at him. 

"Oh, just imagining what it would be like if I ignored you for the rest of my life." I told him with a smirked. He let out a low chuckle and looked down at his hands. 

"I think I'd go insane." He told me. I laughed. 

"I'm sure you would." I sighed.

"Are we gonna talk now?" He asked. 

"Daryl, I forgive you, but I'm never gonna forget what Merle did." I explained. Daryl nodded, understanding. "And I know he's your brother, and I thought he was nice, I defended him when the group talked crap about him and now, I regret doin' that." I told him. "I'm good, with you, but the friendship that Merle and I had, is gone, I want nothin' to do with him, especially after what he did to Glenn." Daryl sighed but nodded in agreement. 

"I understand, but I just wanna throw out there that Merle, he feels real bad about what he did, he's really sorry." He told me. 

"I'm sure he is, but that don't change anythin', I'm sorry." I said. 

"No, I get it, don't worry about it." He mumbled. I reached over and placed my hand on Daryl's cheek, causing him to look up at me. 

"But, if you leave again, I'll find you and kill you myself." I joked, smirking up at him. Daryl laughed and bumped my shoulder with his. I laughed with him and dropped my hand, only to have Daryl lift it up and hold it in his. He interlocked our fingers and rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb.  I smiled down at our hands as his other once caressed my cheek. 

"I'm gonna kill that bastard if I see him again." He snarled. I looked up at him, he was looking closely at my face. At the bruises. I let out content sigh as his lips pressed against mine. I lifted my hand and placed it on the back of Daryl's neck. I tugged lightly on his hair before smiling. Daryl pulled back slightly. "What?" He mumbled. 

"Nothin' its just your hair is gettin' longer." I stated, playing with the hair in the back of his head. He smiled. "I like it, it suits you." I told him. He scoffed before leaning in again and kissing my lips. 

Sorry if it's short, more of a filler chapter! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment!Loves ya!!😘