Chapter 9.

Piper's Point of View.

I was sat with Carl, by the fire. He was talking to me about his life before the apocalypse. I smiled as he told me about his friends and his school. "So, are um, you and Daryl together now, you know, after your fight?" He asked me. I looked down uncomfortably. 

"Uh, yeah, I think so." I said. "Why do you ask?" I questioned. Before Carl could reply, Shane and Rick walked back into camp. 

"I've been, uh... I've been thinking about Rick's plan. Now look, there are no... There are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that. I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together." Shane explained. "So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning. Okay?" Shane asked, looking round at the group. I nodded, liking his plan. I got up from where I was sitting and headed towards Daryl and I's tent. I climbed inside to see him lying there, playing with one of his arrows. He looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back before grabbing my clothes and stuffing them into my duffle bag. 

"Did you hear what Shane said?" I asked. 

"Yeah." He replied. 

"We're going with 'em right?" I question. 

"Do you want to?" He retorted. 

"Well yeah." 

"Then we're going." He smirked. I smirked back and pushed his arm. He sat up and looked at me. "I'm, um, sorry about today, I know I upset you." He apologized, pushing a strand of hair from my face, his rough fingers brushing against my cheek. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips press against mine. I pushed him back and climbed on top of him, my legs straddling him. He grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it over my head, breaking the kiss. I smiled down at him before kissing him again. I felt his finger slide down my back as I kissed his neck. I grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head before leaving kisses up his chest. He smirked up at me before kissing my lips again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly opened and I smiled. I went to sit up but was held down by Daryl's arm which was lazily slung over my waist. I turned to see him sleeping soundly, his lips slightly parted, letting out light snores. I smiled and leant over and kissed his forehead. He moved slightly before opening his eyes. He smiled at me and pulled me closer. I snuggled into him. 

"We should get up." I mumbled. 

"Yeah we should." Daryl smirked, not moving. I giggled slightly. 

"Come on guys! Up! Time to get up!" Rick's voice echoed through the air. I sighed and pulled out of Daryl's grip. I sat up and stretched. I stood up and and grabbed some fresh underwear. I pulled on the panties before clipping on my bra. 

"You know, staring's rude." I smirked, looking back at Daryl. He was now lying with his arm resting behind his head, propping his head up. He smirked back at me. I pulled on a pair of murky green shorts and a black vest. I pulled on my socks and my old combat boots before I put my hair up in a messy bun. I rolled my sleeping bag up as Daryl got up and began to get dressed. Once we were all packed up we exited the tent. I looked round to see everyone gathering up their things. I helped Daryl take down the tent before we packed all our things into Daryl's truck. The group then gathered round the vehicles. 

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan." Shane explained. "Any questions?" There was a moment of silence before Morales spoke up.