Chapter 102.

RohirricShieldmaiden Made this cute edit!! Thanks for the submission!! Send you edits to my twitter LaceyAnne_99!

Piper's Point of View.

I woke the next morning, but was alone. A sound from the bathroom caught my attention and I slowly climbed out of bed. Slowly I made my way over to the bathroom and quietly pushed the door open, revealing a very naked Daryl standing in the shower. I know I was supposed to be pissed at him for not letting me help out but damn, he's got a good ass...Damn hormones! 

As slowly, and quietly, as I could, I stepped into the bathroom and began pulling off my clothes

As slowly, and quietly, as I could, I stepped into the bathroom and began pulling off my clothes. With ease, I stepped into the shower and wrapped my arms round Daryl's abdomen. His muscles tensed for a moment but slowly relaxed on realisation. I pressed my lips on his shoulder blade before resting my head on his back. 

"Hey." His gruff voice sounded. 

"Hi." I barely whispered out, closing my eyes as the water began to sprinkle over me. 

"So, you ain't mad at me anymore?" Daryl asked, turning round, wrapping his arms round my waist. Slowly, I snaked my arms round his neck and smirked. 

"You make it extremely hard to be mad at you." I stated, looking him up and down. Daryl smirked back, before pulling me closer to him and pressing a kiss on my shoulder. My arms wrapped around his waist and my hands rested on his back while one of his stayed on my waist but the other came up and gently stroked my hair. I nuzzled my head into his shoulder and the two of us stood there for a while.

Maybe he was right, but I wanted to help so badly, just this one last time. 

"Please let me help." I whispered, pulling away from his, our eyes meeting. 

"Not after yesterday-"

"What happened yesterday isn't going to happen again today, Daryl!" I snapped. "I'll take water with me.

"And what if you run out?" Daryl retorted. I scoffed and climbed out of the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it round me. "What if you're out there longer than you expect? Huh Pipe? You ain't thinkin' about all the things that could happen out there because of the baby!" Daryl yelled, turning off the shower and also getting out. 

"I'll be careful!" I called. 

"Why can't you listen to me for once? You didn't last time and look what happened!" Daryl snapped, shocking me. I felt the tears welling up. "Pipe I didn't-"

"No, I get it, Jake was my fault, don't worry I'll listen this time." I sneered before storming out of the bathroom, back into the bedroom. As fast as I could, and without being distracted by Daryl calling after me, I changed into some clean clothes before rushing out of the room. The whole time, I was trying to hold back tears. Pulling on my boots I exited the house and began to storm down the street. Honestly, I had no idea where I was going but I knew I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. 

I continued to rush down the street, earning myself some odd looks from the locals. In the midst of all my thoughts, I smacked into someone, who's arms grabbed my to steady me from falling. Without checking who it was, I began to sob into there chest, not caring who this person was. 

"Pipe, what's happened?" Rick's voice sounded. 

"It was my fault!" I exclaimed. "He didn't want to admit it at the time but he finally did." 

"Who admitted what?" Rick asked, holding me at arms length and giving me a concerned look. I sniffled and looking up at him, wiping my tears.

"Daryl, he finally admitted that he think it was my fault we lost Jake, it was me. All I had to do was listen but I couldn't do it!" I weeped, placing my hands over my face. Rick's hands gently gripped mine and pulled them off my face. Through tear soaked eyes I looked up at him.

"it wasn't your fault, Pipe, and I'm sure Daryl didn't mean the things he said." Rick explained. "Back at the prison, you could never have predicted what was goin' to happen, none of us could until we faced it. That's what you have think about,  you would never had known." He finished, placing on hand on my cheek. With a sad sigh, I nodded. 

"But if I'd only listened to him,  we'd probably have a son now." I whispered. 

"Maybe, but like I said, you would never had known about the illness." Rick spoke. "No I have to go, do not beat yourself up about it, it was never your fault." He told me. I nodded. Rick gave me a small smile before kissing my forehead and walking away. I tried to take what he had said on board,  but I just couldn't take the feeling that Daryl blamed me for what happened to Jake.  With that on my mind, I decided to continue my walk.

..........................................................

After a half hour of wandering around, I headed back to the house,  hoping I wouldn't have to face Daryl. My feet took me straight to my room where I kicked off my boots and threw myself on to the bed. I snuggled into the pillow before letting my eyes close.

It was barely a minute later that the bed dipped beside me. Knowing who it was, I kept my eyes closed and pretended to sleep.

"We're headed out now." His voice spoke.  "Just wanted to say goodbye, dunno how long this will take, but uh it's just a run through so I'll see you when I get back." Daryl continued. My eyes remained shut. "Love you, Piper." He muttered before I felt his lips press against my forehead. As I heard his footsteps walk away I opened my eyes.

"Bye." I mumbled, before closing my eyes again. The door closed and I finally managed to fall into a slumber.

Okay, sorry for the looonnngggg wait but I have been finishing up my first year of college which has meant a lot of deadlines to meet, I am finally on my summer break and should be uploading more regularly starting next week!! Please forgive me!! Love you all, enjoy!! Also if any of you are planning to go to Comic Con in November, in Birmingham, UK, I will be there!! I will be cosplaying as Sansa Stark and if you guys are going,  let me know!!