Chapter 36.

Piper's Point of View.

We were sat round the fire. It felt good to sit here and not worry about walkers. I was sat beside Beth and Maggie, we were eating some meat that Lori and I cooked up. I looked over at Daryl, who was stood on the over-turned bus, he insisted on looking out. I sighed before gathering some of the food and standing up.

"Where you goin' Piper?"Beth asked. I smiled down at her and pointed over at Daryl. She nodded and smiled back. I walked over to the bus and began to climb it, pushing the food up first, Daryl grabbed my wrist and helped me up.

"That's not much." I said, pointing at the bowl of food. "But if I don't bring you something, you won't eat at all." I told him.

"Guess little Shane over there's got quite the appetite." Daryl smirked, eating some of the food. I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"Don't be mean." I scolded. "Rick's gotten us a lot further than I thought he would, I'll give him that. Shane could never have done that." I explained. I sighed again and rolled my shoulder again.

"What's wrong?" Daryl asked. I looked up at him.

"It's that rifle, the kickback, I'm just not used to it." I said, lifting my hand and rubbing my shoulder and neck.

"Hold on." Daryl mumbled before putting down the bowl of food then gesturing me to go closer to him. I hesitated before he grabbed my arm and turned me around, licking his fingers. He then began massaging my shoulder. It felt really good, I let out a slight moan as I leaned back. I then glanced back at Daryl, still smiling. He smiled back and dropped his hands. "Better get back." He said. I pouted up at him

"It's pretty romantic." I smirked. "Wanna screw around?" I said, trying to hold in my laugh.

"Pff..." Daryl scoffed before we both began to laugh. "I'll go down first." Daryl then said as he got ready to climb down.

"Even better." I flirted.

"Stop." Daryl laughed before jumping down. I then sat down on the edge of the bus and smirked down at him. He reached up and grabbed my waist, I jumped off and he set me on the ground. Daryl left his hands on my waist as he stepped closer to me, erasing any space between us. I ran my finger tips up and along his biceps, before wrapping my arms around his neck. Daryl leant his head down, placing his lips on mine. I smiled as I began to kiss him back. I pulled back and took his hand before leading him over to the group. Beth had began singing, a song I hadn't heard in a long time.

"Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company And all the harm e'er I've ever done, alas it was to none but me and all I've done for want of wit to memory now I can't recall so fill to me the parting glass good night and joy be with you all." Beth sang, I smiled and leaned into Daryl, who wrapped his arm around me. Maggie then joined in with Beth. "Oh, all the comrades that e'er I had were sorry for my going away and all the sweethearts that e'er I had, would wish me one more day to stay." Both then glanced up at me. I smiled and began singing too. "But since it falls unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not. I'll gently rise and I'll softly call good night and joy be with you all good night and joy be with you all." We finished. I smiled and looked down, slightly embarrassed.

"Beautiful." Hershel said. Darryl wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple.

"Better all turn in. I'll take watch over there, we've got a big day tomorrow." Rick explained. I looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Glenn asked, voicing my thoughts.

"Look, I know we're all exhausted. This was a great win. But we gotta push just a little bit more." Rick told us. "Most of the walkers are dressed as guards or prisoners, looks like this place fell pretty early. Could mean the supplies may be intact. They have an infirmary, a commissary." Rick listed.

"An armory?" Daryl asked.

"That would be outside the prison itself, but not too far away. Warden's offices would have info on the location. Weapons, food, medicine, this place could be a gold mine!" Rick explained.

"We're dangerously low on ammo. We'll run out before we make a dent." Hershel piped In.

"That's why we gotta go in there. Hand to hand." Rick retorted. "After all we've been through, we can handle it, I know it. These assholes don't stand a chance." He smirked before standing up and walking away, Lori, too, stood up and followed him. Daryl let go of my waist and pulled off his crossbow. He placed it on the floor before pulling off his poncho and walking over to me. He threw the poncho over my head and pulled it on me. I smiled down at him as he lay down on the ground before patting the space next to him. I lay down next to him, placing my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and let out a content sigh. I tried to sleep but I couldn't seem to. I opened my yes and sat up to see everyone was huddled up and sleeping. I let out a quiet groan and glanced back at Daryl. His eyes were closed but a smirk grew on his face. He then opened his eyes and looked up at me. I smiled down at him.

"Can't sleep?" He asked. I nodded before lying back down, staring up at the sky. I then rolled over and lay my head on Daryl's chest. He wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. I frowned and looked up at him.

"What for?" I asked.

"For being such a dickhead to you over the winter, I shoulda been there for you but I wasn't." He explained. I smiled up at him and kissed his lips.

"Don't worry about it, Daryl, I forgive you." I whispered before lying my head back down and closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we decided to clear out a cell block, like Rick said. We'd been talking about the plan all morning. Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, T-Dog and I were all going in with Rick to help him clear out the block. We were all stood by the gate, I had my knives with me, they were tucked into my belt, and my machete, like Glenn.

"Ready?" Hershel asked as we stood by the gate. Rick nodded before opening the gate, allowing us to enter and quickly getting into formation as T-Dog took down a walker. I stood between Maggie and Daryl as we all began to take down the walkers. I stabbed one in the head letting it fall to the ground before rushing back into formation. We continued through the yard, taking down the crowd of walkers. I stepped out of formation, stabbing another walker in the head. I pulled my knife out as another walker lunged at me. Daryl jumped in front of me, plunging his knife into the walker's head. I sent him a thankful smile as we went back into formation, heading further into the yard.

"Almost there." Rick called before signalling us to get back, we stood with our back to the wall as two more walkers came into the yard, dressed in riot gear. Daryl stepped forward, holding his crossbow up. Suddenly, two more riot gear walkers stepped out from beside the building. Daryl fired an arrow but it bounced of the walker's helmet. Maggie Glenn and I began to take on the armored walkers, whilst Daryl and Rick went to close the gate. The walker I was taking on began pressing it's weight against me. I pushed it's head back before taking my knife and stabbing it, up through it's chin. It fell to the ground, dead.

"Did you see that?" I asked, smiling. Glenn looked impressed before he and T-Dog took down another walker the same way I did. Maggie then did the same, as did Daryl Rick took down the last walker before Glenn beagn to run over to the others.

"Stop." Rick called. Glenn stopped and walked back over to us.

"It looks secure." He commented.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there." Daryl pointed out. "And that's a civilian." He said, pointing down at a woman walker.

"So the interior could be over run by walkers from outside the prison?" I asked.

"Well, if there's walls down, what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place." Glenn added.

"We can't risk a blind spot. We have to push in." Rick explained before leading us inside.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Please vote and comment!! Loves ya!!

New trailer on top!