Chapter 23.

Piper's Point of View.

I was sat on the roof of the RV keeping a lookout for Dale. I was still upset from my argument with Daryl. I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "Piper? Are you okay?" Glenn's voice sounded. I looked down to see Glenn standing by the ladder. He began to climb up onto the roof.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"You and Daryl argue again?" He asked. I nodded, wiping away a stray tear that fell. Glenn grabbed my arms and pulled me up. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling him hard against his chest. I snuggled into his chest and smiled.

"Thanks Glenn." I said.

"It's okay Pipe." He smiled, pulling away.

"Where's your hat?" I asked him, sitting back down. He sat down in the chair beside me, taking the rifle from me.

"Maggie's not too happy that I told the group about the barn." He told me. "She took my hat, put eggs in it and cracked them over my head." He explained. I rolled my eyes and put my hand on his.

"Like I said Glenn, you did the right thing." I told him. He nodded and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later and I was still sat on the RV with Glenn, it was good spending time with him. Dale had come and gone, we don't know where he is but he went off the farm with the bag of guns. I think he was trying to find a better place to hide them.

"Hey Glenn!" Daryl's voice sounded. Glenn got up and walked to the other side of the RV, looking down.

"What's up?" Glenn asked.

"You seen Piper?" Daryl asked. Glenn looked back at me as I got up and walked over to him.

"I'm here." I called down, looking at him.

"Come a walk with me." He said. I sighed and nodded before heading over to the ladder.

"See you later Glenn." I said before climbing down and walking over to Daryl. He took my hand and began to guide me off the farm. We walked for about 10 minutes before we reached a small river bank. He let go of my hand and began to walk ahead.

"You see it?" Daryl asked.

"See what?" I asked, catching up to him. He pointed down at a plant sat on the river bank, it had blossomed white roses. Cherokee roses.

"I'll find her." He told me. I glanced up at him before down the roses, they really were beautiful. I could feel his stare boring into the side of my head. "Hey, I'm sorry about what happened this morning." He apologized.

"You wanted to look for Sophia" I said with a shrug. "But why though? This whole time I've wanted to ask you. Why?" I asked, wanting to know the reason behind him wanting to find her.

"'Cause I think she's still out there." He told me. I smiled a little. "Truth is, what else I got to do?" He asked. My smile faltered and a frown fell upon my face. I sighed and took his hand in mine.

"We'll find her." I smiled, looking down at the flowers then up at Daryl. "We will, I see it." I told him. I then leant over and placed a kiss on Daryl's cheek before I began walking. Daryl and I made our way back to the farm, hand in hand.

"You know what." I said.

"What?" Daryl asked.

"I think you'll like my brother." I told him, as we stepped over a fallen tree.

"You think?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's a lot like you, I think you're gonna get on great." I said with a smile.