Chapter 8.

Piper's Point of View.

We were running. Running back to camp, as fast as we could. Once we'd concluded that it was Merle who'd taken the truck, we took off immediately. We were nearly back now we heard gun shots. "Oh my God." Rick said, when a scream rippled through the air.

"Go! Go!" Glenn yelled as we sped up. Quickly running up to camp, we saw a heard of walkers chasing after the group who were huddled in a circle. We began to shoot down the walkers, I shot one, then another until something grabbed me. I turned to see a walker attempting to bite my shoulder. I punched it before blasting it's brains out. Rick, T-Dog, Daryl, and Glenn arrive in time to kill more of the Walkers to save their group.

"Baby! Carl! Baby!" Rick yelled. Carl came running towards him, hugging him. I looked around, tears filling my eyes and my breathing heavy. Panicking, I began panicking. I looked at Glenn who was looking round. He saw me and rushed over to me, pulling me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder. I then pulled away and looked around for Daryl instead my eyes landed on Andrea who was crouched over Amy, who was covered in blood. Dead. More tears filled my eyes as I fell to my knees at the sight. I put my head in my hands and sobbed. I felt arms wrap around me. Knowing it was Daryl I turned and sobbed into his chest, grabbing his shirt.

"Amy! Amy! Amy!" Andrea cries as everyone stood around. I continued to cry, as Daryl pulled me closer.

"I remember my dream now, why I dug the holes." Jim announced. We looked up at him, he looked scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was a sad one, I climbed out of my tent, the smell of rotting flesh floating in the air. I saw Daryl whacking a pick axe in the head's of our dead friends, not looking like he gave a care in the world. I rolled my eyes before heading over to the guys and sitting down on a log. I watched as Lori spoke to Andrea, who was still sat over her sister's dead body. Tears filled my eyes again and I looked down.

"She still won't move?" Rick asked, as Lori sat down next to me.

"She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?" Lori questioned.

"Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it same as the others." Shane explained, I looked up at Andrea again.

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick said before walking over to her. "Andrea." He said, suddenly she whipped out her gun, aiming it at Rick.

"I know how the safety works." She snarled. He lifted his hands up.

"All right. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Rick said, backing off and walking back to us.

"Just leave her for a little longer." I said.

"Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb." Daryl snapped, walking over to us.

"What do you suggest?" Rick asked.

"Take the shot. Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance." Daryl explained. I glared up at him.

"No. For God's sakes, let her be." Lori said. I stood up.

"Yeah, leave her alone! Can't you at least show a little sympathy! Oh and that 'dead girl' has a name, it's Amy. God, you can be so heartless and cruel sometimes." I snapped before pushing past him and walking into the forest. I heard leaves crunching behind so I knew he was following.

"Hey! Wait up!" He called. I stopped and turned to him with a scowl. "What was that all about?" He snapped.

"You! She just lost her sister, she's grieving, can't you give her time to grieve?" I asked. Daryl scoffed.