Chapter 15.

"Everybody takes a weapon." Rick ordered, rolling out the arsenal kit on the car bonnet. I quickly grabbed the machete, before stepping back, letting the others take a weapon, I clipped it to my holster, letting it rest on my thigh. I smirked down at it as Andrea spoke up. 

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need. What about the guns?" She asked. 

"We've been over that. Daryl, Rick, Piper and I are carrying. We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles." Shane explained, I had a my hand gun, the one my father had given to me, Shane and Rick decided to let me keep hold of my gun because I know how to use it. 

"It's not the trees I'm worried about." Andrea mumbled. 

"Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, and a herd happens to be passing by. See, then it's game over for all of us. So you need to get over it." Shane snapped. Andrea glared at Shane before rolling her eyes. 

"The idea is to take the creek up about five miles, turn around and come back down the other side." Daryl explained. "Chances are she'll be by the creek. It's her only landmark." He said, walking over to me. 

"Stay quiet and stay sharp. Keep space between you but always stay within sight of each other." Rick told us. 

"Everybody, assemble your packs." Shane called.

"You ready for this?" Daryl asked me. I nodded and grabbed my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. He nodded back. 

"Dale, keep on those repairs. We've need this R.V. ready to move." Rick told Dale, who was stood beside the R.V.

"We won't stay here a minute longer than we have to. Good luck out there. Bring Sophia back." Dale said. Rick nodded. I walked over to Daryl's motorcycle and grabbed a bottle of water out of the satchel. I put it in my bag and turned away from the bike and bumping into someone. I looked up to see Glenn staring down at me. 

"You okay Glenn?" I asked him. He grabbed my arm and turned it so my wrist was facing up. 

"What did you do?" He questioned. I looked down and sighed. "Piper, what did you do?" He snapped. 

"Nothin' Glenn, it's non of your business!" I snapped back, pulling my hand away. 

"Everythin' okay here?" Daryl asked, standing beside me, glaring at Glenn. 

"Yeah, everything's fine." Glenn said to Daryl before looking down at me then walking away. I sighed s tears filled my eyes. I hated fighting with Glenn, we were so close and I hated falling out with him. I blink back the tears and looked up at Daryl who now had his arm around my waist. 

"What was that about?" He asked. 

"Nothin', just a stupid argument." I lied before walking over to Rick, Carl and Lori.

"I'm going with you. You need people, right? To cover as much ground as possible." Carl argued. Rick sighed and looked up at Lori. 

"Your call. I can't always be the bad guy." Lori said. 

"Well, he has all of you to look after him. I'd say he's in good hands."Dale piped in. 

"Okay. Okay. But always within our sight, no exceptions." Rick agreed, before walking away. Carl smiled up at me I smiled back. 

"So you're coming to help us bud?" I asked. He nodded eagerly. I ruffled his hair and laughed. "Come on then, let's get you a knife." I said as we walked away from the R.V. His eyes widened and he smiled wider.

"Really?!" He exclaimed. 

"Yeah, but don't tell your mom I gave it to you." I smirked. He nodded. I took my bag off my shoulder and took out one of my knives before handing it to him. He took it and cradled it in his hand. "Be careful with that buddy." I told him. He nodded and walked away.