Chapter 105.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that ya'll can still submit edits if you wanna, I've been making a few myself but would like to see everyone elses!!

My crappy attempts lol: 

After double checking all the dead ones were actually dead, we began to pick up the bodies

After double checking all the dead ones were actually dead, we began to pick up the bodies. We first gathered the bodies of the townspeople. I was walking around, watching as Tobin and a few men loaded bodies onto a cart. Suddenly, my eyes landed on Michonne who was stood with Maggie. I rushed over to them, looking round for Glenn.

"Heyy, where is Glenn?" I asked, my glance connecting with Michonne's. 

"The town we were in was overrun." She told us. "He split off with Nicholas. He had this idea that... if he lit a fire, it would stop the walkers from coming here." She explained, making me shake my head. "I tried to go instead. I wanted to."Michonne sighed. "The fire never got lit. We had to keep going. I'm sorry. He said if he got stuck, he would find a way to send us a signal. " She finished, looking down. I blinked back tears and looked down too. 

"A signal?" Maggie asked. But before Michonne could reply, Rick's voice sounded. 

"Open the gate!" He yelled. As quick as we could, Maggie, Michonne and I rushed over to the gate and yanked it open to find Rick running from a herd of walkers. My eyes widened as Rick fell to the floor. I pulled out my handgun, ready to shoot the walkers and he clambered to his feet again. He practically dove through the gate, allowing Michonne and I to close it again. 

..........................................................................................

After clearing the bodies, and explaining to Rick, he went to clean up whilst I helped Tobin and a few others to reinforce the fence when the truck crashed and walkers began to pile up.  Though I was working, my mind just continued to wander to Glenn and Daryl. With a sigh, I angrily hammered in the final nail. 

"Hey, careful, you don't wanna hammer through it." Tobin smirked. I laughed slightly, and shook my head, handing him the hammer. The sounds of snarling and growling were loud and echoed through the fence. The townspeople gathered near the fence, watching as we fixed the wall. I walked over to Maggie, sending her a small smile, she smiled back. 

"You can hear it. Some of you saw it." Rick's voice sounded as he walked into the crowd. "They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us 20 deep." He spoke. "Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now." He explained. "The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together. Can you?" He asked, looking round. "The others, they're gonna be back. " He added. 

"They're gonna be back." Rosita piped in with a nod. Rick nodded back at her. 

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles." Rick continued. "They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others." He spoke. "And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after." Rick said, looking over at Maggie and I. I nodded, determined to believe what Rick was say was true. "They know what they're doing, and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out." Rick explained. "We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on."He finished. 

"This place is a graveyard." Annie piped in. Rick fell silent, unknowing of what to say. 

"The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way. All of them. The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening." Aaron countered, looking round at the towns folk.  "He got half of them away." He exclaimed. "I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people." Aaron told everyone. "We did what I wanted... and we wound up in a trap set by those people and I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks." He explained. "Those people who attacked us... they found their way back here because of me." He admitted, looking down. Once Aaron finished, Deanna began to walk away. 

"There'll be more to talk about." Rick sighed. 

"Deanna!" Tobin called. "Deanna." He called again but she just ignored his call. With a sigh, Rick walked away. I went to walk away too but Maggie stopped me. 

"Come with me." She whispered. I nodded before the two of us walked away. 

"We're gonna go look for him, right?" I asked, referring to Glenn. 

"Yep." She nodded. "But no-one can know, not yet or they'll try to stop us." 

"Alright, but how we gonna get passed the walkers, there's so many of them?" I asked. 

"We'll go at night, use flashlights to distract them." She told me. 

"Nice idea." I smirked. "We're gonna get him back, Maggie, I promise." I spoke, standing in front of her and holding her hands. "And he's gonna be fine." I smiled. Maggie smiled back, squeezing my hands. 

"I hope you're right." She sighed. 

"Alright, I'll meet you in the armory in twenty, I gotta talk to Rick." I told her. Maggie nodded before the two of us split off and went our separate ways. I rushed off to the direction Rick went, finding him exiting where the graveyard was. "Hey, Rick." I called. He glanced up at me and smiled slightly. 

"Hey Pipe, how you doing?" Rick asked, walking over to me. 

"Oh you know, everything hasn't exactly gone as planned today." I spoke, looking at him. 

"You can say that again." Rick chuckled. "Anyway, what can I help you with?" He then questioned.

"Oh, I just wanted to know if you spoke to Daryl before you lost your walkie? Did he sound okay?" I asked, trailing off slightly, knowing what I was asking was stupid. 

"Piper, he was fine, he still is fine and he's gonna come through those gate still fine." Rick promised. "You don't have to worry about him, he's coming back." I smiled. 

"Thanks Rick, I hope you're right." I thanks, glancing up at him. 

"I just don't want you to worry, you don't need the stress on you right now." He explained, looking down at my stomach.  Smiling, I pulled Rick into a hug. 

"We're gonna get through this, just like we always do." I spoke. 

"I sure hope so." He mumbled, hugging me back tightly. As I pulled away, I smiled once more before glancing behind him, seeing one of the townspeople writing the names of the deceased on the wall. My heart dropped when she stepped back revealing Glenn's name. With an angry huff, I charged towards the armory. 

I was not going to lose anyone else. Not anymore.