Chapter 32.

Piper's Point of View.

  Daryl exited the barn, an angry look on his face. He began looking down at the floor for any tracks. Andrea then  followed him out. I looked back at Glenn who shrugged before I turned back to Daryl. 

"What's wrong?" Lori asked, walking over to us with the rest of the group. 

"Randall's missing." Glenn replied. 

"Missing? How?" Maggie asked. 

"How long's he been gone?" Carol asked. 

"It's hard to say." I told her. "Rick's checkin' it out now." I explained. 

"The cuffs are still hooked. He must' slipped 'em." Rick said, emerging from the barn. 

"Is that possible?" 

"It is if you've got nothing to lose." I shrugged, crossing my arms over my chest. 

The door was secured from the outside." Hershel explained. 

"So how'd he get out then? I check round the barn, there was now forced exits anywhere." I told Rick. He frowned at me and opened his mouth to speak. 

"Rick! Rick!" Shane's voice boomed through the air. We looked to see him emerging from the trees. 

"What happened?" Lori yelled. 

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Shane explained angrily as he stomped over to us. 

"Are you okay?" Carol asked. 

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face." Shane explained. I frowned slightly. Rick then turned back to the group.

"All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, Piper, come with us." He ordered. I nodded. 

"T, I'm gonna need that gun." Shane said to Dog, who walked over to him and handed him the gun. 

"Just let him go. That was the plan, wasn't it, to just let him go?" Carol asked, a worried look appearing on her face. 

"The plan was to cut him loose far away from here, not on our front step with a gun." Rick snapped as we began to walk away. 

"Don't go out there. Ya'll know what can happen." Carol cried. 

"Get everybody back in the house. Lock all the doors and stay put!" Rick yelled as we entered the forest. As we headed deeper into the trees, I had my gun held up in front of me. Shane then pointed. 

"I saw him head up through the trees that way before I blacked out. I'm not sure how long." He explained. 

"He couldn't have gotten far. He's hobbled, exhausted." Rick said. 

"And armed." Glenn added. 

"So are we." Rick retorted before turning to Daryl. "Can you track him?" He asked. 

"No, I don't see nothing." Daryl denied. 

"Hey, look, there ain't no use in tracking him, okay? He went that way. We need to pair up. We spread out, we just chase him down. That's it." Shane rushed, I looked up at him with a frown, he looked sporadic and guilty. 

"Kid weighs a buck-25 soaking wet. You trying to tell us he got the jump on you?" Daryl asked, voicing my thoughts. 

"I say a rock pretty much evens those odds, wouldn't you?" Shane snapped. 

"Alright, knock it off." Rick piped in. "You, Glenn and Pipe start heading up the right flank. Me and Shane'll take the left. Remember, Randall's not the only threat out there. Keep an eye out for each other." Rick ordered, we nodded before splitting up.