Chapter 35.

It's been six months. A long, cold, harsh six months since the farm was overrun. We haven't found our safe haven yet either. And that really did not help with the winter being so cold. We were jumping from shelter to shelter, pushing so hard to survive. In a way, it's pulled the group closer, well, all except Daryl and I. It seemed to be pushing us apart. We've fought so much over this past winter and now, we're barely talking. In a day he rarely says two words to me. But when I was cold one night, and I'd given out all the blankets, he came over and wrapped his poncho around me before walking away. Unfortunately, we couldn't all fit in the cars, though we did find another truck, it was only a two person one for Carol and Dog, and I didn't really want to make a scene so I continued to ride on the back of his motorcycle, despite our feuds, he never told me otherwise, so I assumed I was still allowed. Luckily we hadn't lost anyone on our winter journey either. We're all surviving, for now anyway. Also, Lori was showing, a lot actually, she was close to giving birth and Hershel had been teaching Carol and I a few thing about delivering a baby so we could help him.

Right now, we were clearing out a house. Rick found it, decided we should crash here for tonight. I slowly crept around the downstairs with T-Dog. We now had silencers for our guns, it was so we could use our guns to kill the walkers quicker and safe, but not attract anymore. Once we'd cleared the house, we let the others in. I sat down on the old couch, while Maggie and Glenn took the two chairs in the corner of the room. Daryl entered, carrying a dead owl, he plucked the feathers out as he sat down beside me. He looked up at me before turning away again. I sighed, silently hoping he'd say something to me. Carl then walked in carrying two cans of dog food. The group stared up at him, all except Daryl, as he opened one of the cans. Rick walked over to him and picked up the opened can. He stared down at it in disgust before throwing it into the fire place. The loud bang causing us all to flinch. I lay my head on Daryl's shoulder, sighing again. He stopped what he was doing, causing me to look up at him. He was looking down at me with a slight frown.

"Sorry, force of habit." I mumbled.

"No, it's just that you haven't done that in a while." He whispered. I smiled up at him before laying my head onto his shoulder again. The was a moment of silence before T-Dog whistled.

"We gotta go." He whispered.

"Everyone, out the back door." Rick ordered before we all rushed out the door, following after Daryl. I placed my gun in it's holster, before climbing on Daryl's motorbike, I wrapped my arms around his waist as he revved his engine. We sped away from the house and back on the road again. I sighed and leaned my head on the Daryl's back. I closed my eyes as the warm air lapped through my hair. We drove for another half hour before Rick beeped his horn, signalling us to stop. I climbed off the bike with Daryl and we walked over to the car, where Glenn set out a map on the bonnet.

"We've got no place left to go." Dog sighed.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." I explained, pointing down at the map.

"We'll never make it south." Maggie added.

"What do you say, there's about 150 head?" Daryl asked Glenn.

"That was last week, could be twice that now." Glenn explained.

"This river could have delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through them." Hershel said.

"Yeah, but if this group joins with that one, they could spill out this way." T-Dog retorted.

"So we're blocked." Maggie sighed.

"Only thing to do is double back at 27th and swing towards Greenville." Rick told us, pointing to the map.

"We picked through that already, it's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-Dog countered.

"Yeah, I know. I know. At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through the area. We can't keep going house to house." Rick sighed, he looked up at Lori. "We need to find some place to hold up for a few weeks." He said.

"Alright. Is it cool if we get to the creek before we head out? It won't take long. We gotta fill up on water, we can boil it later." T-Dog said as we walked away. I walked over to Daryl's bike with him. Suddenly a fuzzy feeling ran over me and I fell into Daryl.

"Whoa." He said, wrapping his arms around me. He sat me down on his bike. "What's up?" He asked.

"I think I'm dehydrated, every bit of water we've been given, I give most of it to Lori or Carl, they need it more than me." I explained. Daryl reached inside his bag and pulled out his bottle of water.

"Drink this, Dog's gone to get more water, so we'll have more then, for now, just sit here, stay alert, I'm gonna go hunt with Rick." He explained. I smiled and nodded before placing my hand on his cheek and pressing my lips against his. It felt so good to kiss him. It's been to long since I last kissed him.I pulled back and he smiled down at me before walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick found a prison. Yep, a prison. He told us it was over run, but it would be easy to clear out. Told us it would be a perfect place for us to stay, and honestly, I think he's right. We were now stood by the chain mail prison fence as Rick cut the wire. Glenn and Maggie took down a couple of walkers. Rick then ushered us all through the fence, before Glenn sealed it shut with a new wire. The walker on the other side of the second fence began to rush at us, snarling and snapping s they pressed themselves against the fence. We quickly made our way to the main gate, following Daryl.

"It's perfect." Rick sighed. "If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight." He explained.

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asked. Glenn nodded up at me, I nodded back and smiled.

"Pipe and I will do it. You guys cover us, she can watch my back as I lock it." Glenn explained.

"No, it's a suicide run." Maggie denied.

"Yeah, she's right." Daryl said.

"But we're the fastest." I retorted.

"No, Glenn, you, Maggie, and Beth draw as many as you can over there, pop them through the fence." Rick explained, pointing at a point on the fence. "Daryl, go back to the other tower, Pipe, you've gotten pretty good on the rifle, go with him, but take your time, you're not a pro yet, we need to save ammo." I nodded and walked over to Daryl, taking the rifle from him. "Hershel, you, Carol and Carl, take this tower." Rick then ordered before we all ran to our positions. As we climbed the tower I began to grow uneasy, Daryl noticed my worried look.

"What's up Pipe?" He asked.

"Rick's right, I'm not great at this, you only just started teaching me." I sighed, referring to shooting the rifle.

"Piper, you'll be fine." Daryl reassured as we reached the top. I raised the rifle and aimed down at the walkers. As Rick came through the gate, we began firing at the walkers that began to stalk towards him. I continued to shoot before accidentally shooting the ground in front of Rick.

"Sorry." I mumbled, cocking the rifle. Rick finally reached the other gate, he closed it and locked it shut before climbing into the watch tower. "He did it." I beamed.

"Light it up!" Daryl yelled before everyone began to shoot down the walkers. A silence fell as the last gunshot sounded, taking down the last walker. I dropped my aim and rolled my shoulder before looking over at Daryl who smiled at me. We climbed back down the watch tower and headed back over to the group.

"This is great!" I smiled.

"Nice shooting." Daryl told me. I turned to him, walking backwards.

"Yeah?" I asked. He smirked and nodded. "You okay?" I then asked Lori, turning to face her.

"I haven't felt this good in weeks." She smiled as we entered the courtyard.

"Oh! Oh, oh! We haven't had this much space since we left the farm!" Carol beamed, letting out a laugh. Daryl walked beside me wrapping his arm around my shoulder and placed a kiss on my cheek. T-Dog let out a laugh too before cheering. Maybe this could be our safe haven.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Please vote and comment!!! Loves ya!!