Chapter 66

We'd been walking along the tracks for about an hour or so now. My leg was killing me, causing me to hang behind as the Ty and Carol powered ahead. A sharp pain shot through my leg causing me to drop to the floor, letting out a yell. Carol quickly turned to me and rushed over.

"What's up?" She asked, holding my leg.

"It's just hurtin' more than usual, I keep getting shooting pains." I explained.

"We can stop for a bit, maybe set up a camp..."

"No, no. I can keep going, I want to keep going." I told her. She nodded and helped me to my feet. I continued to limp along the tracks with them. It had been silent, apart from Carol explaining to Tyreese what Rick did.

"We're close." Carol suddenly said, I looked up to see another sign. "I'm gonna get the three of you there." She told us. "Make sure you're safe." She added. "But I'm not gonna stay." She sighed. I looked over at her with a frown. She continued to walk but stopped again at the sound of the trees rustling. A walker emerged from the forest, stumbling onto the tracks before walking over to us. Tyreese turned to Carol and held his arms out to take baby Judith. Carol frowned at him and but he shook his head.

"I can't. Not yet." He told her. She handed him Judith before pulling out her knife.

"You're going to have to be able to." She said before storming over to the walker and stabbing it in the head, falling to the floor with it. She then stood up and sent us a worried look. "More." She whispered before rushing over to us and ushering us into the forest. We hid behind a mound of leaves and sticks, watching as the herd of walkers emerged onto the tracks. They began to head towards the forest but were quickly distracted by gunshots and began to head down the tracks towards the sound. More gunfire sounded and I looked over at Carol, worried. Once the herd passed, we walked back out onto the tracks.

"That gunfire, it could have been from Terminus." I said, looking at Carol.

"Someone was attacking them or they were attacking someone." She suggested.

"Do we even want to find out?" Ty asked. Carol nodded and sighed.

"Yeah. There's another track due east. It'll get us there. We'll be real careful. We're gonna get answers." She said, determined. I nodded and we followed he into the forest.

................................

A little while later we came across a small cabin and outside of it was a man. We hid in the trees as we watched him set up fireworks and talk to a woman on his walkie.

"10-minute count. You screw up, you're on your own, Martin." The woman on the walkie said.

"You don't have to tell me, I wipe my own ass." The man replied. "Alex didn't get it. See, I knew the chick with the sword was bad news. Bitch looked like a weapon with a weapon." When he said this, I instantly thought of Michonne. I looked over st Carol who nodded.

"He was always a sloppy-ass mother-" While the woman on the radio spike, we snuck out of the trees and over to the man. Carol pulled out her gin.

"Yeah, I told Albert I want the kid's hat after they bleed him out..." Before the guy could finish, Carol placed the barrel of her on on the guys head. Then I thought, 'the kid with the hat', Carl.

"Keep your finger off the button and drop it." She sneered, referring to the radio.

"They're only doing eight before public face." The woman's voice sounded.

"Listen, y'all don't have to do this. Whatever you want, we got a place where everyone's welcome." The guy tried to bargain.

"Shut up, man." Ty snapped.