Chapter 26.

Piper's Point of View.

I rushed into the house and upstairs. I entered Beth's room to find Maggie sat beside Beth's still body. "Maggie." I whispered. She looked up at me and jumped up. She ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and smiled slightly.

"Oh Piper." She exclaimed, squeezing me tight. I pulled back and smiled down at her. "Piper, I am so sorry, for not tellin' you about Jake..."

"Maggie, it's okay, it's okay." I told her. "I forgive you." I said. "Now what's wrong with Beth?" I asked. Maggie went and sat back down on the bed and gestured for me to sit beside her. I sat down on the other side of Beth and took her hand. "Hey kiddo." I smiled, pushing some of her hair back.

"She's gone into some sort of shock, she passed out earlier, hasn't moved since." Maggie explained. I sighed sadly and looked up at Maggie. "Where'd you go Pipe?" Maggie then asked.

"Into the forest." I told her.

"You took you gun." She added.

"Yeah, I did." I said with a nod.

"You went out there to..."

"Shoot myself in the head? Yes." I cut in. "But I didn't."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because it would be selfish." I said. "I couldn't do that to Glenn, or you, or Beth, you've all lost so much already, and God knows what Daryl would do." I sighed. Maggie leant over and placed her hand on my knee.

"I'm glad you didn't do it Pipe." She said. I smiled and took her hand in mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They should've been back by now." Andrea said as she an Shane entered the dining room. Patricia and Jimmy made dinner for us with Carol. Dark had now set over the farm and I hadn't spoken to Daryl since we had gotten back to the house. Honestly, I didn't know what to say.

"Yeah, they just got holed up somewhere, we'll... we'll head out first thing in the morning." Shane explained, looking up at us. I nodded, telling him I would go out with them. "Thank you." He then said to Patricia as she placed the food down on the table.

"You're welcome." Patricia smiled.

"Carl, I want you to keep your head up, okay? Your old man, he's the toughest son of a..."

"No cussing in the house." Patricia cut him off with a glare, Maggie sat down at the table, smiling at me.

"Sorry." Shane apologized.

"Lori, dinner." Carol called into the living room.

"She's not in there." Maggie called, looking back at Carol.

"Where is she?" I asked. Maggie looked back at me with a slightly worried look.

"Carl, when's the last time you saw your mom?" Shane asked Carl.

"This afternoon." Carl replied.

"She was worried about Rick, asked me to look in on Carl." Andrea explained.

"She went after them?" Dale asked.

"She didn't say that." Andrea retorted.

"Nobody panic. Gonna be around here somewhere." Shane said, getting up from the table, along with Maggie, Andrea and I.

"I'll go ask Daryl if he's seen her." I said to Shane.

"Good idea, come back to us if you get and info." Shane said. I nodded before rushing out of the house. I ran up to Daryl who was sat by his own little campfire.