Comfort (2/3)

* * * *

OC Name: Elena Barnes

A/N: Set One Month After Part 1. Contains Swangs! Slight Barchie.

* * * *

For One Month Jughead had the displeasure of watching Archie and Betty walk through the corridors holding hands.

One Month Ago Jughead lost his best friend.

It took One Month for Sweet Pea to realise he could tolerate Jughead now Betty was gone.

Most Importantly, it took One Month for Jughead to get over Betty.

During the One Month since the Bughead break up Jughead spent more time around the younger Serpents. He was especially close to Elena.

Elena was no where to be seen as Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead were around the Pool table, Jughead seemed to be the only one who noticed the absence of the girl.

"Where's Elena?" he asked. Both boys shrugged in response before continuing their game of pool.

Jughead made his way over to the bar, where Toni was serving a customer. "Have you seen Elena?" he asked. "Not since you downed those ten fireballs with Joaquin."

He made his way outside and saw Elena smiling and laughing with another serpent. "Elena" he called out. Elena turned and smiled at him. She whispered something to the other Serpent before going to Jughead.

"What's up, Oh Mighty King?" she asked teasingly. "New friend?" Jughead questioned causing Elena to shrug.

"Where are Sweets and Fangs?" she asked. "The usual, pool" he replied making her grin. "Well, let's go harass them."

They walked inside, Elena jumped on Sweet Pea's back causing him to roll his eyes. "You okay up there?" Fangs asked. "I feel so tall" she joked. "That's because you're a midget" Sweet Pea teased.

Elena got down from Sweet Pea. "I'm getting a drink." Jughead watched as she went to the bar.

"When do you plan on telling Lenny about your crush?" Sweet Pea asked. "I don't have a crush on Elena. She's just a friend." Both Sweet Pea and Fangs burst out laughing. "Just a friend? That's hilarious" Fangs laughed.

"You can pretend you don't have feelings for her, but dude, it's obvious, obvious to everyone apart from her" Sweet Pea told him.

"You're delusional" Jughead said. "Whatever dude, just don't be pissed when someone else comes and wins her." Sweet Pea nodded towards the bar where a Young Serpent was flirting with Elena.

Jughead frowned as Elena laughed. She looked so happy and he wasn't the one making her feel that way. "Jealousy is a dangerous thing" Sweet Pea whispered.

Elena went over to them with a drink and a smile. "Another friend?" Jughead asked. Elena hummed. "He was cute too" Fangs pointed out before nudging Sweet Pea. "Don't you agree?" "I guess.

"Honestly, I just need something. I can't remember the last time I was with a guy" Elena sighed out. "Don't you enjoy being single?" Jughead asked. "I don't even remember what it's like being in a relationship" Elena confessed

"Maybe you should get someone, preferable a serpent you know, someone with dark hair, light eyes" Fangs suggested causing Jughead to roll his eyes.

Elena chuckled. "Yeah, there's no guy I know who's interested in me." "I'm sure there's a guy close by who's interested in you, if you open your eyes perhaps you'll see it for yourself" Fangs said. "I doubt it."

* * * *

Elena stood outside Pop's waiting for her three male serpent friends. She was getting annoyed, though it was her own fault, she arrived early.

Jughead was the first of the three males to arrive. "Hey" he greeted. "Can we wait inside? I'm cold."

Jughead noticed she wasn't wearing her jacket. He rolled her eyes as he took off his own jacket and put it over her shoulders. "Now you're warm." She couldn't help but smile at him. Recently she realised she was developing feelings for the Young Serpent Leader.

The two entered Pop's, they sat down at a booth, oblivious to the eyes of Betty and Kevin watching their every move.

"Well if it isn't one of my favourite couples. What can I get you?" Pop asked. "We're not a couple" the two serpents spoke in unison. Pop chuckled.

"I'll have a medium chocolate milkshake and a portion of onion rings. I'm assuming Jug here would have large fries, a burger and a large chocolate shake. If he's really hungry, which he normal is, he'll have a plate of onion rings, or steal some of mine" Elena said.

Jughead stared at her shocked. She knew his order, she even knew what he'd have if he was extra hungry.

"No onion rings" Jughead told Pop, who smiled. "I'll have a large Portion of Onion Rings then" Elena said.

Pop nodded his head. "I'll be back in a moment." He walked off and Jughead turned to Elena. "How do you know my order?" She laughed. "You always order the same thing. I'd be concerned if you ordered something different."

The two stayed at the booth, eating, drinking their shakes, Jughead stealing some onion rings from Elena.

They completely forgot that Fangs and Sweet Pea were meant to join them. Though the two boys never had any intention of showing up.

* * * *

Elena was scared, no, she was terrified. She always respected Jughead, she always held some feelings for him, but they increased, they significantly increased.

She was tapping her finger against the table that contained herself, Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"Are you going to tell him?" Toni asked. "Tell who what?" Fangs questioned. Elena gave Toni a look, but the pink hair beauty took no notice. "Elena likes Jughead."

Fangs and Sweet Pea looked at each other. Fangs broke out into a grin. "Final-Fucking-Ly. You finally admit your feelings."

"You knew" Elena asked. "We did. Everyone knew, you're not good at hiding it" Sweet Pea replied. Elena ran her hand through her hair. "Well, what the hell should I do?"

"Tell him" the three spoke in unison. She looked at them confused before her expression changed to one of concern. "What if he doesn't feel the same?"

Toni rolled her eyes. "Elena, he loves you, he'd be stupid not to. Besides it's obvious he feels the same."

Elena smiled. "I'm going to tell him." She grabbed her jacket and left the three alone. "Finally our OTP will be real" Fangs said nudging Sweet Pea.

A smile was on Elena's face as she arrived at the Jones Trailer. She knocked on the door and waited.

When the door opened the smile fell from her face. Standing at the door, stood none other than Betty Cooper.

* * * *
* * * *

A/N: There Will Be A Part 3