Betty Cooper [1]

Title: Teach Me

Love, a four letter word people toss around more than they should. A word no one can truly explain. A word that I find to be a load of bullshit.

I've never believed love was real, it was a myth, a fantasy. 

Since I moved to the town of Riverdale I've watched people who are apparently 'in love' break up, cheat, hurt each other. I believe that justifies my reasoning for believing love is fake.

Riverdale was a strange town, the people just as strange. I've made a few friends, though I was closest to Betty Cooper. She was the definition of picture perfect, at least that's how she appeared. She opened up to me, she told me some of her greatest secrets, as I did mine to her.

I won't lie, I found Betty to be beautiful, though she was in a relationship with Jughead. Was, as in when I arrived at town, a month ago she broke up with him over her confused sexuality, something about being attracted to someone else. I was clueless to who the other person was, I knew she'd tell me when she was ready.

We were sitting at Pop's speaking about how much has changed. She was happy that she discovered her true sexuality. She knew I would understand as I am openly gay and proud.

Recently I noticed something about Betty, she was speaking a lot about Jughead, it was almost as if she missed him.

"Do you miss Jughead?" I asked. She shook her head. "We're still friends and he understands why it happened. I'm attract-" "-attracted to another person, a female. You know, you never told me who this girl is" I said interrupting her.

She blushed at the mention of her crush. "Who is she?" I asked. "I, I don't think she feels the same" she whispered. "How could she not? Betty, you're hot!" I told her.

"She's different to other girls. She doesn't do love, she doesn't do romance" Betty mumbled. "Sounds a lot like me" I replied with a chuckle.

My eyes went wide as Betty didn't deny it. "Is it me?" I asked. Betty looked down at the table. "Yes" she whispered almost too quiet for me to hear.

"Betty." I pushed her head up gently. "Teach me" I whispered as I leaned towards her. "Teach you what?" "Teach me how to be romantic. Teach me how to feel. Teach me how to love" I spoke softly.

She looked into my eyes before gently pressing her lips against mine. The kiss screamed innocence, but that was okay. She could teach me how to love, while I teach her how to be rough.

* * * *

* * * *