Reggie Mantle [3]

Title: Friends

Have you ever met someone and felt an instant attraction?

Have you fooled around with them, but been too afraid to take it to the next level due to their reputation?

I give you, my life with Reggie Mantle.

We met when we were thirteen years old. While he wasn't my first kiss, I'll never forget our first kiss together.

We were fourteen years old and sitting in the park, it was just before we started high school. We were sitting in a tree, not speaking, just staring straight ahead.

"Are you afraid?" I asked him. "Of what?" "Starting High School" I clarified.

"No, I'm looking forward to it. I want to try out for football, become super popular and be king of the school" he said causing me to giggle. "Oh Reggie, you're so funny."

He looked at me with a grin. "I want to have my best friend by my side." "Who's that?"

"You."

I looked at him with a smile. "You're something special Mantle." "No, you're the special one" he mumbled as he leaned closer to me.

That was when he pressed his lips against mine. When we pulled apart he smiled at me. "Someone special."

After that we kissed a few more times, though we never became a official couple.

Half way through freshman year Reggie lost his virginity to an older girl. I was devastated, though we weren't together, there was nothing I could do.

It was the beginning of Sophomore year when Reggie and I kissed yet again.

I was sitting in Pop's diner, drinking a milkshake by myself. I just wanted a moment to myself, away from the drama of school, away from the drama of Cheryl Blossom.

I was alone for only a few minutes before someone sat next to me. "I miss you." I looked at the person, who happened to be Reggie. "What do you mean?"

"You know I like you, why don't we just get together?" Reggie said. "Because I don't trust you, Reggie. I liked you before and you slept with someone else" I replied.

He took my hand. "I want to be with you." "I don't think we'd work out Reggie. We're better as friends."

Later that year I lost my virginity, though the person had to move only a few weeks later, no not because of me, he's parents got a job in Chicago. 

I watched as Reggie had a fling with Josie. I supported his relationship with Veronica and helped him through the break up.

During Senior year everything was normal, at least as normal as it could be.

I was sitting down in the student lounge, waiting for Kevin to arrive, he was my closest friend right now.

"Hey, Y/n right?" Fangs Fogarty said. I looked up at him with a smile. "Hi, Fangs." "You know my name?" I chuckled at his shocked expression. "Of course I do. You're Fangs Fogarty." 

"Yeah, I am. I was actually wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me" he said. My eyes widened. I wasn't expecting him to ask me that question. He was a nice guy, I found him attractive.

"Sure, I'd love to." He looked at me with a grin. "Really, thank you. You're going to have so much fun!"

He went off with a grin on his face. When he was out of sight Reggie appeared. 

"Y/n, I need to tell you something. We've been friends for years and you know I've always liked you. I want to be with you, I know you don't trust me, but if you get with me I'll show you I can treat you right."

My eyes widened. I didn't know what to do. I had two guys wanting me to go out with them. While one seemed nice, I knew the other well. We were never official but I always had a soft spot for Reggie. I liked him a lot but I was afraid, afraid he would hurt me.

I didn't know what to do. 

Fangs was a lovely guy, at least what I knew about him.

Reggie was my dream guy, I was scared he'd hurt me.

What should I do?

* * * *

* * * *

Okay, I was in this situation and in the end I picked neither. I don't need anyone to make me happy, as long as I have my family.