Sweet Pea [9]

Title: Third Wheel

This imagine was inspired by an imagine I read from Jup_Hon4507 Jughead Imagines.

* * * * 

Sweet Pea hated the fact none of his previous girlfriends accepted his best friend. The guy was amazing, how could anyone not see that?

No, this isn't Sweet Pea coming out of the closet. He isn't gay, despite the bromance between himself and Fangs Fogarty, he is 100% straight.

Recently he had met a girl who seemed too good to be true.

Okay, that was a lie, she wasn't Too Good, she had a dark side, not that Sweet Pea saw it often, only twice. He laughed when she punched a girl who wouldn't leave him alone. That's how they met, a girl couldn't take a hint he wasn't interested. 

"Thanks for that. If it was a guy, I would've hit him. I don't believe in hitting girls."

"You don't need to thank me," she told him. "The girl was being a whore. She gives us decent girls a bad name."

"Let me buy you a drink, just as a thank you."

"Sure," Y/n said, before taking a seat next to him. "I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n."

The two had immediately hit it off and strangely, they didn't jump straight into bed, like Sweet Pea had with other girls he had met at the bar. Y/n was different. 

While she was amazing to him, she also accepted Fangs, with no hesitation. Fangs often went out with them when they were on dates, third wheeling. She didn't complain, she didn't make him feel bad that his friend was there.

It had been six months since their first date, a date which Fangs turned up to in the middle.

"Babe, have you seen my shoes?" Sweet Pea asked the girl. "Behind the couch," she called out.

He grinned as he found the shoes. He threw them off after work. He wasn't living with the girl, though he did have stuff over at her house. Her parents surprisingly liked the boy, despite the fact he was a Serpent. Perhaps it was because they were always busy and liked knowing someone was protecting their daughter.

Sweet Pea let out a whistle as he saw the girl wearing a black lace shirt and black skinny jeans. "Damn girl, you look hot," he mumbled, as he grabbed her hips, pulling her close to him.

"Stop it." She hit his hands away, causing him to pout. "I'm texting Fangs. He's gonna meet us there, safe us a table."

The words felt strange coming out of her mouth. Why would she invite his friend with them? He was the one who always invited the boy, so why did she?

"Yeah, that's cool."

He felt strange, even as the three sat together, eating, talking. Sweet Pea felt like he was the one third wheeling them. They seemed to get along great, he was jealous.

Yes, Fangs was telling her stories of them when they were younger, that didn't make him feel more included.

When the night was over, Fangs gave Y/n a hug, before doing his usual 'bro' hug with Sweet Pea. The boy hated to admit it, but he was glad it was over.

He followed Y/n into her house, shutting the door behind the girl. "This was a great night," she said.

While Sweet Pea wanted to agree, he couldn't. He finally understood why all his ex girlfriends left him. It was weird that Fangs always joined them on dates, it only took this one girl to show him that.

"Don't you think it was weird that Fangs was with us?" he questioned. "No, I don't," she replied as she took off her heeled boots. "My feet are killing."

Sweet Pea sat down on the couch, patting his lap. Y/n smiled as she sat on the couch, putting her feet on his lap. He started to rub them. "It was supposed to be a date, but he was with us."

A sigh escaped Y/n's mouth, both from his words and his magic hands. "Sweet Pea, I know why you always invite him when we go out. I think it's sweet," she said. "You don't want your best friend to be alone."

"I want to be alone with you sometimes," he mumbled.

"And you will," she assured him. "Once Fangs finds himself someone, which he will, our dates will be just us, or double dates. I don't mind waiting, I'd wait forever for you, Sweet Pea, 'cause I love you."

He grinned as he looked at the girl. They barely said the 'L' word to each other, mainly because they both believed the use made it seem less special. "I love you too," he told her, before picking her up bridal style. "And I'm gonna show you." 

She let out a laugh, as he took her to the bedroom, where they watched Disney movies and cuddled. Yes, they didn't always have sex, they weren't animals.

Little did they know, Fangs had met someone, after his bike had broken down.

* * *

* * * *

You people, readers are amazing. I was in pure shock(good shock) after all the comments. There was like 58 comments after 30 mins wow!

I love you all so much ❤❤