Wedding ring▶Sung Yeol

Stage name: Sung Yeol

Birth name: Lee Sung Yeol

Music group(s): Infinite

Requested by: -

Dedicated to: -

~~~

Sung Yeol placed his headphones gently over your ears as you listened to his latest composition. Your eyes fluttered when you heard the lyrics. "Will you marry me?" You shook your head and shrugged it off, thinking that it was just lyrics meant to be part of the song.

"Will you gladly take me as your husband?" Sung Yeol proposed casually, making you jerked up in shock.

Your eyes widened in shock as you slowly removed the headphones. You never expected him to actually propose to you. After five years of dating, Sung Yeol never brought up about marriage. Knowing that, you probably thought that he was happy with things now, but it looked like he wanted to take things further.

Bringing your head up, you tried looking into the eyes. He was looking so sincere once again, since the last time he confessed to you. It made you want more of him. Not just his girlfriend...but the title as Lee Sung Yeol's wife. But, it was not what you could choose. You had no choice but to keep things low. It was difficult enough being Sung Yeol's girlfriend, but you never thought of giving up, until his manager found out your relationship with Sung Yeol.

You love Sung Yeol, so badly that you would not want him to sacrifice for you. Sure, you knew well enough that Sung Yeol love you too. That explained why he was willing to make a marriage proposal to you despite the risks of his career.

Your lips parted, wanting to say a yes. But you could not bring yourself to. You let out a sigh and mumbled. "I-I gotta go."

He watched as you grabbed your backpack and headed for the door. Sung Yeol stared at you in confusion at your behaviour. He thought you would gladly agree to his proposal without any hesitation but he was wrong. Sung Yeol cleared his mind before he started running after you.

His warm hand claspdd around yours before you could leave. You closed your eyes in disappointment, dropping your head to the floor.

"Look at me." Sung Yeol said, giving your hand a squeeze. You hesitantly turned around, opening your eyes to meet his.

"________, don't you love me?" Sung Yeol asked. "You want to get married with me, isn't it?"

"No, Sung Yeol. I...I don't want to." you said with your voice cracking at the end of the sentence. Sung Yeol raised his eyebrows and nodded. "Then what was it about you saying you wanted to go on a honeymoon with me to Spain?" he asked while creasing his eyebrows.

"Let's forgot that, Sung Yeol. I'm breaking up with you." you snapped and pushed his hand off yours. Sung Yeol watched his hand fall as you reached the door.

"Manager Jung told you that, didn't he?" Sung Yeol said, bringing his attention back at you.

You froze right in your tracks. "I knew it." he grumbled, clenching his fists.

"He's right. Oppa...I-I'm not worth your sacrifice..." you sobbed, dropping your hands to your sides. You heard his footsteps getting louder every second. You shut your eyes when his arms enveloped you in a embrace. "Don't you say that, _________." Sung Yeol said, burying his face in the crook of your neck to inhale your scent.

Sung Yeol's eyes went to your hands as he watched your fingers curl. "Just hug me back." he said, letting go of you as he spinned you around to face him. You lifted your chin and stared at him for a second, hesitating. "Why Sung Yeol, can't we just let go of everything now?" you sobbed, shaking your head.

"________, you...seriously don't know how much to mean to me." Sung Yeol scoffed as he ruffled his hair in frustration.  "I'm not sacrificing, I'm doing everything that I want to do."

"Don't you know what will happen?" you cried. "Your career! Lee Sung Yeol, your career will be ruined!"

"Aish...Then do you know what I'll be losing? I'll lose you, ________! I don't want to lose you at all! Yes, my career is important to me. But between you and my career, ________ is much more important to me. You're everything I need and want." Sung Yeol said, cupping your cheeks.

"Oppa... I don't want to... I can't do this anymore--"

Sung Yeol leaned forward to press his lips on yours while you just remained still. He pulled back, his face wet with tears as your heart ached. Nothing could describe how you felt. Your heart was trembling so much that it could possible split any second.

You dropped your head and let tears fall. It was not the only reason you wanted to breakup with him. There was a even terrible reason.

"________, let's just forget about these okay?" Sung Yeol begged.

"No... Oppa, you don't get it... I-I can't be with you any longer... I really cannot..." you sobbed pathetically.

"W-what do you mean?" Sung Yeol stammered.

"Oppa, just forget me. I beg you... I'm just a worthless bitch you wasted your youth on... I'm sorry..." you sobbed and turned to leave.

Sung Yeol felt his whole body being tore apart when you left. For a second he thought it would all be over, but it was not just as simple as he thought He wanted to go after you but his body was too weak to. He collapsed on the ground and watched you leave as tears streamed down his burning cheeks.

You ran into the lift and leaned against the wall, letting the tears fall as if you were letting your love fade. You brawled even harder the more you thought of him. He was your all. The both of you spent years together, bringing happiness to each other but it was all going to end. It cannot be saved. The love of nine years was ending with just two stupid reasons that came out of nowhere.

His career and life cannot be ruined.

You were going to leave selfishly with a stupid cancer.

***

You stared at the photo frame beside the bed in your private ward you brought with you. The photo of you and Sung Yeol, smiling widely in happiness but that was never true. You wanted so much to see hi mrigjt then but you knew you had to keep your death from him. He would be even more miserable if he knows about your death. He would blame himself, you knew it. But there was nothing you could do but to lay on bed and wait for death to catch you. Tears stinged your eyes as you dropped the photo frame. It cracked into pieces of broken glass. Your hand was already so weak that it could not support anything, so were your heart, too weak to keep the love going.

Finally, your body was too frail to keep going. Until a terrifying sound came out from the heart pulse detector machine.

***

Sung Yeol dropped his phone immediately when he heard the devastating news. He sank to the floor on his knees and stared at the diamond ring in his hand. It was meant for you, but you never wore it.

He picked himself back up and took your hand. His heart ached at the touch. Your hand felt so cold, he knew for sure that you were no longer alive. He watched as his hands trembled while trying to put the ring in your ring finger. "I know you would want to marry me." Sung Yeol said as he fitted the ring perfectly in your finger. "Now, let's go for the marriage certification."

[Edited]