I still can't forget you▶Ren

Stage name: Ren

Birth name: Choi Min Ki

Music group(s):

Requested by:

Dedicated ti:

~~~

*Flashback*

"I'm sorry." It was what you could say to him.

Staring into his teary eyes, you felt even more hurt. You had no choice but to leave him. You let your gaze fall to your hands, returning the promise ring to him.

"Don't wait for me." you croaked softly, glancing up at him. "I...won't ever come back."

Ren's face was paler than it ever was. His widened eyes scanned your face for answer, and yes, you were speaking the truth. He was speechless, he had nothing to say, he knew the more he wanted to hold you back, the sadder he would be.

You grabbed his arms, tip-toeing as you pressed your soft cold lips against his. Ren's lips parted as you pulled away, sensing that something was different and wrong. Ren lifted his trembling hand slowly, cupping a cheek of yours.You gave a small smile as Ren rubbed your cheeks softly. Your tears and cheeks were cold upon his touch, he closed his eyes and pulled back, letting you go. You glanced at him one last time, ready to leave him forever.

Ren opened his eyes, stumbling a few steps back as he watched you disappear forever from his sight. How could he let you go? He collapsed against the wall as he ran his hands through his dark brown hair, grabbing his hair forcefully as he screamed loudly, venting his anger and sadness.

Dropping to the cold hard floor, he realised that it was no longer the same without you. The house was incomplete without your presence. His body was soulless. His mind quickly flashed back to few minutes earlier when he touched you for the last time. You were cold and shivering upon his touch, it hurt him to see you like that.

"Why are you doing this to me...?!" Ren cried, leaning against the wall as he bawled loudly in the lonely apartment.

*Flashback end*

*Ren's POV*

I woke up, finding another day had passed again. Nothing was different, neither was there anything new for him. I was the same, still lost in you, wandering aimlessly in his pointless life. I sat up, staring blankly dazed at the wall as tears fall again. Only scars remain in my broken heart, all because of you. You told me to keep the memories, yet you want me to forget about you. What am I supposed to do?

My innocence was lost, because of you, again. I was glad it was you. But I lost the light that shone on me, I lost the point in my life. It was you, who gave me hope and snatch it away from me again. Why are you doing this to me?

Weeks passed, but it felt like merely a day. I could not be deceived by the trap of time and stay here. But there was still nothing I could do. Good bye baby. Even if I close my eyes without you, I could still feel your presence. You with your fingertips burshing pass my skin, your floral scent, and the pair of brown eyes you have. But it was over, it was long over. Why am I even here missing for you?

Even if I have to walk through an endless tunnel, I could overcome it. I could fight it. I could forget about all the happy moments we had shared, all the sad times we fought together. It was meaningless to remember them. Those ten years were spent for nothing, only to leave me here weeping alone. And where are you, living a happy life without me?

Good bye baby, I could live a better life even without you. Go ahead and live a meaningful life. I would just lay here and figure out the reason behind this sudden breakup. Living because I could not die, but I was still afraid that nothing would change tomorrow too. Life was going to be the same, meaningless.

There would definitely be a day which I could forget you as memories of you slowly fade away, losing your face, your voice and everything. Everytime I looked back at us, my efforts were honest, they were a waste and useless.

I just needed to forget the yesterday and get back up again  being the same person I was before I even met you. I just need to tie my untie shoelaces and run again,I would be as fine as nothing ever happen. Just like the story of us written in an old diary, it would be burnt and lost.

I could not live being lost anymore, hurting whenever I thought of you, was painly suicide. The innocence remained, I would just have to keep telling myself.

I picked up the box of our shared memories, the things you had left behind for me to keep. I will not...keep any of these.

Hugging the box tight, I stared at the contents. I closed my eyes, throwing it into the garbage dump, where it rightfully belong to. I told myself, I can live without you. I can.

Tears touched the floor as I hung my head low in remorse. I could not let you see this, I felt pathetic crying despite telling myself that I can overcome i.t

I turned, eyes widened to find you standing right in front of me.

"_______." I croaked softly indisbelief.

I brought my hand up, touching your cheeks and your soft lips. I leaned in, tears falling as I planted my lips on yours. No. Where are you?

You were not even here. It was just imagination. What am I even doing?

My eyes and your lips, we would let it go. I closed my eyes, forgetting everything. It was long over. I can overcome it.

*Author's POV*

Ren collapsed, unconscious on the floor. He had done it. He had overcomed the pain, he was alright without you. He could do it. And he did.

'Good bye baby, I...still can't forget you.'

Am I the only one who fell in love with Nu'est the second I saw the MV for Good Bye Bye?