Between her and him▶Sung Jae

Stage name: Sung Jae

Birth name: Lee Sung Jae

Music group(s): BtoB

Requested by: -

Dedicated to: -

~~~

You collected your lunch and glanced around for a vacant seat. You smiled half-heartedly, sighing softly as you approached to share a table with the girls which were called your "bestfriends".

The minute you sat down, the four girls began exchanging stares as you unknowingly lifted your face, staring at them innocently. The scoffed silently at you, standing up and making their exit even though their food were barely eaten.

You dropped your head, stuffing yourself with food as teardrops landed on your food.

***

You chased Min Hye and finally blocked her route as you panted, spreading your arms wide enough to cover the whole corridor. The girls beside her hissed in annoyance as Min Hye folded her arms.

"Yah, get out of the way." Min Hye snapped sternly, trying her best to be polite.

"Unless you tell me why you're avoiding me." you said, picking up your mere courage.

"Do you really wanna die?" Min Hye asked, bringing her fist up threateningly.

You fluttered your eyes in shock yet remained still, refusing to give way.

"Min Hye, you're my bestfriend, why are you avoiding me?" you sobbed.

"Do you really want to know the truth?" Min Hye smirked. "I'm afraid youl have to do some sacrifice."

"I'll do whatever sacrifice to get you back." you mumbled.

"Fine, that's what you said. Never regret it." Min Hye grinned evily.

You nodded hopefully.

"Leave Sung Jae. I don't care who he is to you, boyfriend, bestfriend, friend or whatever. Leave him and avoid him at all cost." Min Hye threatened.

You slowly dropped your arms as your face fell in disappointment.

"M-Min Hye..." you stammered on disbelief. "Is this the reason why you have been avoiding me..."

"Ya, so what? Are you saying that I'm childish. Well, not worse than you, ________." Min Hye snapped as she chuckled along with her gang.

You felt tears well up in your eyes. Here, the bestfriend that had been with you for years, nearly a decade now. And there, the bestfriend who had been with you whenever you were in need.

You could feel yourself tearing up, receiving those judging looks from others as Min Hye delibrately knocked you as she walked past. You fell down upon the last knock her gang gave you. You stayed there, brawling pathetically and never wanted to get up.

"Yah, isn't that ________?" Min Hyuk asked, pointing to the frail figure on the floor.

Sung Jae glanced over and immediately, his smiled faded as he hurriedly rushed to your side. Bending down, he met your eyes as you frantically dried youu face, not letting him see the pathetic sight of you.

"________, what happened?" Sing Jae asked while helping you up.

You forced a half-hearted smile and shook your head. "N-nothing. I j-just had a f-fall."

Sung Jae bit his lips, definitely not trusting your words as he brought you to the staircase.

He took care of your wounds but you could not even care, only to stare into space and daydreaming, drifting away from the world.

Sung Jae pursed his lips, looking at you worriedly. He had already finished bandaging your knees and you barely moved a bit. He sighed and stood up.

Pressing his hands down on your shoulders, he bent down to face you as you fluttered your eyes awake, staring wide-eyed at him, shock by the sudden skinship and close distance.

"I'll get some coffee, wait here." Sung Jae smiled softly.

You forced a smile and nodded. Sing Jae grinned brighter before running off. Sitting there, you let out a deep breath, not to find yourself asleep.

***

Sung Jae finally came back within a minute, grabbing two styrofoam cups of warm coffee. He let out a soft chuckle when he found you asleep, body swaying sideways as if you were going to collapse soon. Sung Jae quickly sat down beside you, just in time, your head rested on his shoulder. He smiled.

***

You finally opened your eyes and gasped, finding Sung Jae beside you.

"Omo! I'm so sorry! Did I take up your time?! I--"

Sung Jae chuckled cutely and passed you the coffee which was still warm(ke ke ke Sung Jae wrapped the cup of coffee in his blazer, trying his best to keep it warm for you). You smiled and bowed softly, mouthing a thank you. You took a small sip of the warm coffee as Sung Jae patted your head. You gulped and removed the cup away, beaming cutely. Bet Sung Jae could resist the urge to hug you out of cuteness.

"Yah, you got foam above your lips." Sung Jae said, laughing.

You pouted and licked them away as his shoulders sank.

"You could have let me do that for you." Sung Jae mumbled, pouting.

You almost choked on your coffee as you stared at him wide-eyed.

"Wha--"

"Anyways, what happened just now?" Sung Jae asked, suddenly changing the topic.

"I-I...went to ask Min Hye...why she kept avoiding me...and..." you paused and fidgetted your fingers nervously.

Sung Jae raised an eyebrow and placed his hand on yours.

"Yah, tell me." he smiled.

You glanced at him and felt at ease.

"She told me to...c-choose between you and her." you stammered anxiously, raising your head to look at him. "But...y-you're both my bestfriends, I-I can't--"

Sung Jae lifted yoir chin and pressed his lips on yours. You froze and widened youf eyes in shock. It was your first kiss, innocent and gentle as it should be.

Sung Jae pulled away, grinning as you blushed cutely, looking away still in a state of shock.

"________... I-I will always be with you. You know that, I know Min Hye had been a really good friend to you but...I promise I'll be better than her."

You opened your mouth to say something when Sung Jae cut your sentence. "As your boyfriend."

Your lips parted, clenching your fists tightly, feeling your heart hammering loudly against your chest. You bit your lips and dropped your head, avoiding his eyes.

"O-oppa... I-I don't know..." you stuttered anxiously.

"Look at me." Sung Jae said, pleading in his voice.

You pursed your thin pinklish lips, barely abke to raise your head to face him again.

"Do you...love me?" Sung Jae asked, his voice barely a whisper.

You felt your eyes about to bleed when you made eye contact with him. Those eyes of him looked so ready to suck you in. You found yourself nodding unknowingly as you gasped silently.

Sung Jae smiled and gave you a teasing peck on your forehead. You chuckled cutelh as Sung Jae cuddled you closer, stroking your hair.

Love is surely more than friendship isn't it? Do support my other kpop fanfiction; Material Life (Kai Fanfic)! Thanks! :)