Whole Lotta Help For Her Friends

Luna comes up to the front of Marissa's building. It's littered with ten ICE agents that Luna counts. Keeping her head down she tries to make her way in unnoticed.

As she walks towards the door, one stops her. "I'm gonna need to see your ID."

Luna looks over annoyed, sighing. "Seriously? I just got off a 12hr flight and had to walk from the F train. I'm going fucking home." She scowls, ripping the door open.

Her heart is pounding as she walks the two flights up to Marissa's apartment. Never being more grateful than annoyed for white, cunt privilege before. At the door she taps lightly. Marissa can see her through the peep hole, letting Luna in quickly. They embrace, both shaking.

"They're doing this because of Antonio." Marissa cries.

"I know, that's why I'm here." Trying to comfort her friend. She squeezes her before letting go. "Heey!" Luna says smiling with open arms as she squats down. Greeting Marissa's daughter and son, Angel and Antonio. They're about 5 and 6yrs old. The kids give Luna a tight, scared hug. Stroking both their heads, she looks up at their mom. "I'm gonna get you outta here, okay? There's some important rules we need to follow though." Marissa nods as the children listen, Luna still stroking their heads. "We can't take much stuff, only your school bag with what you NEED. We need to be quiet and dress all in black. Okay?" She looks at Marissa. "Did you find the door?" Marissa nods again. "We're gonna go out a secret door to outside. It might take a long time so we have to be SUPER quiet."

"Will it be scary?" Angel asks.

"Yeah, Sugar, it probably will but me and mommy will be there the whole time." Luna reassures the little girl. "Now go help each other pack, please." She tells them.

After they run off, Luna explains the plan and the safe house. Marissa cries. Luna feels horrible.

"You know it's your only shot, 'Ris." Luna says sadly.

They pack the children up, change and wait for nightfall. Luna tries to call Colson. It goes directly to voicemail.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jackson has already checked the door to make sure it opens. Happy has been in position with the Uhaul. Opie and Jackson wait in the tree line for Luna's text that she's arrived. She's supposed to leave the apartment at 8:20P. It's 8:23P.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Luna and Marissa use the flashlight on Luna's phone to light the narrow hallway. It's long and old with random steps. It was built during the prohibition period and stretches almost two and a half blocks downward with different connecting flights. Finally reaching the end, Luna sends her text and waits for Jackson's tap. Hearing it she opens the door. In the dark, Opie leads Antonio and Marissa, Jackson is carrying Angel next to Luna. They're all jogging. Then simultaneously... A bright light shines onto them. Startling Angel, she drops her stuffed dog.