Father's Day; On The Road

"Okay... I've got Uno or regular cards." Luna offers. Colson's Eleven are on the bus headed to Houston with Luna looking for something other than electronics to entertain Casie. "She don't know how to throw?" Luna questions Slim.

"Nah... " He admits sheepishly.

"You're a failure as an uncle." She informs him with a laugh.

"Fuck you." He smirks back at her smart ass.

"Come on, Dil. Looney'll show you how to run shit." She says with a grin as Casie climbs on to her lap.

"Oh... LOONEY'll show her??" He snakes back with his neck. Slim's only slightly salty; knowing Luna can hold her own, having already beat his ass a few times in Spades.

"Dude, she's almost 11yrs old and you haven't taught her. It's a good thing I'm here, I can teach her how to actually win." Luna smirks back at him.

"Aight, Bet. Bitch." Slim challenges her with a teasing grin.

"Uncle Slim! Don't call Looney that!" Casie asserts, making them both laugh.

"Go get ya Boy... We'll take MY partner." Luna bounces back with a shining smile.

Slim seriously hates Luna in a loving way. He's never met a woman with balls as big as his. For as much as he admires her strength and authority it equally worries and irritates him at the same time.

"Alright Dilla. See the spades, those are all high cards which means their, what?" Luna asks as she tries to explain.

"Important?" Casie asks.

"Yup. Very good." Luna encourages her. "The game is called Spades because they rule over everything except... "

Colson watches as Luna talks through the importance of The Big and Little Jokers with Casie. Taking her time when his daughter is confused by the 2's; it's the diamond that throws her off balance.

"She really doesn't know how good of a mom she'd be." He thinks to himself with a smile playing on his lips as his seeds throb.

"It's okay." Luna reassures her. "We'll run a practice hand... That way I can teach you about books and how to bid."

"Bid?" Casie asks, still confused.

Luna goes on to explain how each spade is considered a point or a book. That they guess how many books or points they can make based on the number and strength of the spades they have in their hand. Sitting trump tight, it's going to be an easy game to give Casie confidence. Looking at Baze, Luna asks her partner if he's ready causing him to nod at Slim to start. Throwing out the ace of hearts, Baze slides in the 3 of hearts as Colson tosses out the 6.

"This one, right?" Casie asks, pointing to their only heart.

"Yup." Luna encourages her as Slim comes the queen of hearts. Baze tops him with the king with Colson throws out a low card.

"Here?" Casie asks pointing to a spade.

"Yes and no... " Luna corrects her. Explaining how Baze is their partner and is winning on the king; that they don't want to cut or hurt their partner, so they throw off. Getting rid of the 3 of clubs instead. Casie is still very confused as Luna exposes their hand. Baze tosses the ace of clubs. Colson the 5. Looking at their cards, Casie chooses their lowest club. "Very good. We get rid of anything we don't need." Luna compliments Casie's choice.

"BAM!!!" Slim slams his card down.

Slicing them with the 4 of spades. Casie takes this as a personal assault. The Boys laugh as Luna reminds her how spades win over EVERYTHING. Casie gives Luna a knowing nod; she's got her game face on now.