👀👀👀👀

Colson's leg is bouncing up and down. If Luna's hangover and the turbulence of the plane are the death of her. His uncontrollable leg is the nail in her coffin. She squeezes his knee, choosing her words specifically.

"Do you feel alright?" She asks sweetly, hoping to crack a smile on his beautiful face. It does but it's weak. "What's up?" She asks him.

"I'm just nervous about dinner." He admits with a sigh as she laces her fingers into his; natural anxiety reducer.

Tilting her head, she looks at him. "Why? You've met my Mom-Mom before... " She asks, a little amused.

"I know... " He trails off before turning to her, their blue eyes meeting. "I just want her to like me. I know she liked Justin and Jackson. I don't wanna be the odd man out." He looks down.

"He's so fucking adorable. And truly knows NOTHING." She thinks to herself of his ignorance.

-------------------------------------------------------

✴️Patti may love Jackson BUT it's a love for a child. A softness because she knew John's soul. An extension of expected awareness, if you will. She doesn't associate Jackson to Luna. Never paying attention to how deep those Charming Summers ran. Justin. Justin though... Patti still loves Justin. For all of his intelligence, sweetness, potential and empathy. He was the first boy she ever saw Luna fly over. Pattie believing they were beauty in itself. But. Justin disappointed her. Choosing to lose himself into deeper shit other than art or even life. Never able to fill the hole inside of his hollow soul. It's something Patti could never understand. Through all her years and all her friends. She can't forgive him either, loving him or not. He stole a piece of her granddaughter's being. Giving her something great that she could never truly have. Knowing too well personally how a beautiful disaster like that feels.✴️

-------------------------------------------------------

"That's the thing, Bunny. You're the only man in. They're called past relationships because they're in the past. Plus." She winks at him, hoping he'll look up to catch it. He doesn't. "She already likes you. There would be no dinner if she didn't." She tells him squeezing his hand.

His head pops up finally, meeting her eyes and knowing smile. "Yeah?"

"Mhm... You said it yourself, my grandmom's a beast. She's very direct and I'm betting, she knew and decided she liked you before the end of brunch. Hence, the follow through with dinner." She tries to comfort him with their reality.

"I'm outta pocket, hunh?" He asks to her giggling nod. "I know, I just never cared what someone's parent thought before, Loons."

"Well, she's not my parent. She's my Mom-Mom. So, wipe that stigma away...  And she's not Betty Crocker. She's Patti fucking Smith... AND SHE'S MY grandmother. There's nothing you could do or say in this WORLD that would shock her." Luna is stroking his hair now, trying to reassure him still.

"Facts." He agrees laughing. "You're right, I'm totally outta pocket." He kisses her sweetly on the lips before they lean back against each other. They have an hour left of their flight. Drifting off, their minds wander.

"He's so cute... " She muses to herself. "I wonder where we'll go... I'm fucking starving. Maybe I can convince her to go to Tony's. It's quiet and we shouldn't be bothered... Ugh, I'm totally grabbing a fucking pretzel when we hit the ground."

**********************************

"Patti was really nice. And it definitely didn't feel like a front... Luna's a lot like her... Fuck, I hope she's right... And fuck Jackson's bitch ass, yo." Annoyance rising inside of him along side his own guilt.