Lover

Playing with Colson's padlock around her neck, Luna looks through the mess of lyrics she has scrawled throughout the pages of her notebook. Her guitar sits in her crossed legs as she swigs the handle of Jack. A lighter, her cigarettes, phone, a tin case of joints, ashtray and random other objects litter the bed around her. Luna strums lightly, trying to figure out the bridge. Softening her voice, she tries to play it out.

🎼They say//If you dress//Like This//It means//You want It//So//IIII//Can take from//Yooou🎶

Luna continues strumming the chords. Imagining the sound of the bass and light drumming in her mind as she continues to work.

🎶They think//If you act//Like That//It means//You want it//And//I'llllll//Do what//I want//Toooo🎶

Luna rips a solo she has running through her brain. The bass and drums slamming together through her head afterwards.

"Fuck... I need a bassist." She talks to herself in the empty air.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Colson hangs out on The Bus for a bit. Playing Call of Duty, burning and drinking as beer bottles empty and shot glasses are passed. He finds himself shooting the shit with Sam, it's the first time they've had a chance to get to know each other. Discovering that they have a lot more in common than either would have thought with their life experiences; both using music as their salivation while struggling as lower middle class kids with no solid parents. Colson hadn't realized that Sam is Luna's drummer; let alone a musician at all.

"Fuck, Dude. I'm sorry. I knew you had to have some type of substance to be able to run wit Loons... But damn, I undercut you majorly." Colson admits. "You really stick a dude tonight?" He asks, amused.

"I don't know what you're fucking talking about." Sam dismisses him as she swigs her beer.

"You two HAVE been friends for a long time." He smirks with a chuckle when she immediately reminds him of Luna.

"Longer than most." Sam swigs her beer again, not fully sure about Colson yet.

"I can tell. You seem just as ferocious as she is." He says with a wide grin. "Imma go catch her... You enjoy." He smiles at Sam before disappearing off into the back of The Bus.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Enh... At least he didn't try to fuck me." Sam thinks of all the other male musicians that have crossed her path. Bestfriend's boyfriends or not, some dudes have no fucking cooth. "Maybe there is hope for them." Sam considers for the first time since her poor first impression of Colson in NY.❇