RIOT GRLS

Colson's slowly collecting his stuff. He has a show in NC on the 10th and than is fully on tour from the 31st until July. Sighing, he shoots Ashley a text asking about Luna. She lets him know that she's with her.

"At least she's safe." Even though he's sure Pete is probably right, he's still worried about what could have upset her. He notices the time. "Damn she runs fast." He thinks impressed as he finishes his joint.

------------------------------------------------------

"It's the fucking principal. He's basically holding my music hostage with a fucking Top 40 Hit as the ransom. Its fucking ludicrous!! Like, what the fuck makes anyone think they can fucking own me!?" Luna's pacing while Ashley sits at the kitchen table. She shakes her head as she searches for her purse; knowing exactly what. A Fucking contract. "Fuck, I didn't even bring my bag. You got any bud?" She asks Ashley.

"Yup." Twisting her pen in her hand. "Sit." She directs Luna.

Sitting down, she continues to vent to her bestfriend. "And this fucking Alabama shit is insane!! It's like we're taking ten more steps back every fucking day." She hits the pen a few times.

"So we do what we do. Write a fucking Riot Grl song like we talked about, only now we have a clear message. I know you like being small Loons but we let it be a Top 40 and use it to do something about Alabama. At least draw attention to it and figure out a way to help the girls there." She takes the pen from Luna and hits it herself. "Think about what you do for Flint. Just bigger and more exposed. Fuck, my fans love merch!! We can donate all those proceeds somewhere!!" Ashley can see the wheels turning in Luna's head.

"I can't fucking feature with you. He'll demand another 40 and lock me into two." She sighs.

"So, you feature me. If they wanna play red tape... With a Fucking WORD... We'll wrap them motherfuckers up in it. You said you have Monica going over your contract. Have her look into you featuring other artists." Ashley grins at Luna with a playful sneer.

Luna nods. Texting Monica right then. She also asks her to please look into possibly helping local Alabama organizations. Monica texts back that she will and that she already has her ear to the ground.

Hitting the pen again, she looks at Ashley. "I think we should change some things around. Write it from two points of view. An I and Us kinda theme." She peers at Ashley. "Am I making sense?"

"Yup!" Ashley excitedly pulls out the book they had wrote in the night before. "How about this?" She asks changing some lyrics

🎼We've been polite//But we're done with this trend//Of men thinking//They can tell us//What we can do//In our beds🎶

"Ohhhhh!!! That's fucking nasty, Ashh! I Fucking love it! I wanna change the Exs lyric to record executives... " She takes the pencil from Ashley.

🎶Keep the record executives//In check//In their basements//Their ideas are tired//Or worse//They're complacent//I have played nice//But will now//Be The Bully//We're tired and angry//Digging up The Hill//So scared//Is what you should be🎶

"AHHHHHHH!!! LOOOOONS!! We're gonna be murking motherfuckers out here!!" Ashley screams, jumping up from the table after she reads it. She's dancing around singing it to a barking Jagger. "I'll be right back." She walks out of the room, coming back with her guitar.

They finish reworking the lyrics over their initial melody before writing the rest of the music. Using different drum ideas, guitar, keytar and a solid bass line dropping in and out. Ashley is playing guitar while Luna bangs rhythms out on the table. They're working the hard/soft formula and want Colson and his band to back them.