Learning to Lock the Door

"Looney... Looney... " The tiny, whispered voice floats through Luna's sleeping head. "Looney... " Casie says again while lightly rubbing her arm.

Blinking, the little human's face comes into Luna's view; Colson's on the other side of the bed, face buried into his pillow. "What's up, Dil?" She smiles sleepily at the little girl.

"I can't turn on the TV. " Casie whispers again with disappointment.

"I got you, Kiddo." Luna coos as a light laugh escapes and she kisses Casie's cheek. Hanging off the bed, she finds the remote and pulls out two waters from the mini fridge beside the bed for them. "Here get a sip." She yawns while cracking the bottle open before passing it over. Once they're hydrated, Luna shows her how to turn on the TV and get to Netflix as Casie decides on the new Captain Underpants series.

Wrapping her right arm around the child, they snuggle into each other

Wrapping her right arm around the child, they snuggle into each other. "You know what you're doing with the TV now?" Luna asks.

"Yup." Casie's head moves up and down against the crook Luna's shoulder.

"I'll make sure the remote's on the fridge in the morning so you can find it for now on... Deal?" Luna asks.

"Deal." Casie happily agrees.

"WHO are YOU?" Luna's confused mind asks herself. Never having woken up with a child in bed with her before, the calm attentiveness of the morning naturally flows out of her to her surprise. Not a morning person, let alone a parent, Luna's actions begin to weird her out. "You're her Looney." She dutifully reminds herself while trying to calm her anxious soul as she snuggles into Colson's freshly out stretched arm. Stroking the little girl's hair, Luna kisses her head before drifting back off as Casie's low giggles carry the tune of joy through out Luna's bones and Colson's heart.

************************************

Not fully sleeping, Colson lays silently listening to Luna and Casie with his eyes closed. "She's so good with her... Case really would be a great older sister." His whimsical mind drifts around the idea as he rolls over into His Girls and drapes his long arm over both of them as he enjoys this new moment in his life.

------------------------------------------------------------

Originally, there were eight of them. Then Sam and Bullet joined, making up The Ten. With Casie, they're rolling tight as Colson's Eleven. It's a HUGE hassle trying to catch an Uber and seat all of them when they head out for a late breakfast.

Finally, they're sat in a crowded, local Dallas diner. Sticking out like sore thumbs; they're certainly not Southerners and definitely not Texans. Along with their food, they order coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic beverages to Colson's dismay. He wants a Bloody Mary but the diner doesn't have a liquor license. With breakfast being served, everyone is munching, chatting and trying to figure out the day. Casie is plunked down between Colson and Luna.