"We'll take it!!"

Luna finds herself swigging a bottle of Paul Masson in a small, smokey apartment in Bushwick. Taking a joint from a random person, she feels the rush of familiarity hit her as she absorbs the buzz of the room. There's nothing like being in a tiny hub of musicians exchanging ideas.

"You wanna do this?" Sam asks as Luna passes her the joint.

"Yeah... I don't have a fucking electric though. I've been using Colson's, remember." Luna responds, rubbing her forehead.

"Fuck... I am really unprepared." Luna realizes suddenly and begins to panic while thinking of how she needs to get in touch with her grandmother.

Sam catches Luna's change in facial expression; with a loud whistle, she quiets the room. "Who's got an electric I can borrow for a minute?" She shouts into the full kitchen.

"For what?" Floats into the air.

"To fucking play, ya douche bag." Sam scoffs. "What the fuck do you think for?"

"What shit are you causing now?" Mike asks Sam as he enters the room.

"Luna only has her acoustic and we need an electric TO PRACTICE ON." She shouts the last part in to the resumed room. "Ya got one?" She asks with irritation.

"Yo. Electric. Now." Mike hollers over her head.

"Mine's in the living room." A different voice offers.

Mike throws his hands up at the solution making Sam roll her eyes as she grabs Luna's hand and pulls her towards the living room; she follows easily with the bottle in tow.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The living room isn't posh by any means. There's amps and speakers, a drum kit is set up the way a suburban family would worship their TV. A ratty couch, lawn chairs and fold out tables are pushed to the sides all around it. It's dirty and has cockroaches with random pieces of artistic creations strawn everywhere; making the young punk happy to be home.

Pulling off her leather and hoodie, Luna's dressed in a simple black T underneath. Kicking on the amp, she tunes the electric she's given while Sam gets comfortable behind the kit. Mike lights a joint as his bass hangs off of his lean body. Luna can't help but notice him as they fuck around on their instruments for a few moments, each finding their own footings.

"Try it out?" She finally asks to their nods.

Plucking a few strings before she begins to strum specific notes; she flips through D, C, A and G. They're the primary chords of the song as Mike and Sam follow behind her lightly with the same melody. Finally the singer comes in with her voice low and haunting.

🎼Tell me
What's so
Entitled
Aaaabout
Yoooou

Treating women
Cheap
Like
Yooooou need
Toooo

Why can't you
See we're
Just
As Strong as
Yooou

Come on
Boy
I wanna
Hear you
Speak your
Truuuuuth🎶

The song follows a soft/hard formula with Luna's voice adding a taunting sweetness to the aggressive lyrics as it rips through certain biting ones and she wails with inquisitive anger. Sam and Mike throw out equal amounts of fierce energy through their instruments with her. They run through IT ten or fifteen times, tweaking different notes and lines together. Each time playing louder and with more raw passion as they become comfortable with each other and the song.