Chapter 1

"Okay Sage can we please not talk about this" I whine in embarrassment.

She laughs through her words. "I'm sorry Leah but how you managed to bust your ass, not once but twice today is beyond me!" She takes a pause to put her hands on her knees hunched over trying to finish laughing.

"Then spilled burning hot coffee on yourself in front of a customer and started blurting out every curse word possible" She's really having fun with this. I hope she remembers this the next time she has a rough day. The costumer honestly looked horrified. The poor man just stared at me in shock and had no idea what to do. Maybe a funny sight for Sage but it wasn't so fun for me.

"I guess I'm a little bit of a klutz" I sigh, slightly annoyed.

"Come on Leah you have to admit it was funny, and a little bit of a klutz is an understatement" she teases me, making the other worker let out a little giggle.

"Sage I get it" I bite back as I glare at her. She just tends to go on and on and can't get the hint that it isn't funny anymore. 

"Okay okay" she defensively says while putting her hands up in the air with her eyes wide. "I'm done"

All I can do is sigh while picking up my stuff. I've had enough of today. "My shift is over I'm leaving, see you tomorrow guys" I wave goodbye and they wave back, all with friendly smiles resting on their faces. I mean I think they owe me that for picking on me all day.

I love Sage but sometimes she can get a little overstimulating. But she's my best friend and no matter how much I want to strangle her sometimes, I love her. She was there for me through literally everything. All the highs and all the really low lows.

I still wonder how Sage actually ended up being able to stand me and even became friends with me, like I can't even stand myself?

But she's very persistent about caring about me, and getting me to go out of my comfort zone more, and actually do more than go to work and sit in my apartment.

I honestly don't know why she tries so hard, I'm a lost cause anyway.

She's the only person I trust with anything though. I need her even though I would never say that out loud.

She loves to love. Her and her girlfriend are so in love and perfect, it's disgusting.

And then there's me.

I've learned that real true love doesn't exist for people like me. To see two people truly and passionately love each other is interesting to see. I've never felt that before.

It's hard to trust people. Near impossible for me at least. Not completely though. I've just realized I'm just much better off on my own. I have to keep my walls up and stay guarded. It's the only way to keep me from getting hurt. Because you can't get hurt if you don't let anyone in in the first place right?

Sage and her girlfriend Zoe are the best people that somehow managed to be together. They both are insanely attractive and so nice like how is that remotely fair? Rude

By the time I get home it's practically dark outside. I turn off my car as quick as possible and get inside so I can finally lay down and relax because I'm over this day.

I immediately get in and leap straight onto my couch and try to find something interesting on tv to watch since I have nothing better to do.

I end up watching Netflix. Am I surprised? No. Disappointed but not surprised because I always end up watching the same stuff over and over.

I finally decide to check the time, because I just got curious.

"HOLY SHIT ITS BEEN THREE HOURS?" I literally scream. Definitely didn't feel that long

Once I finally got comfortable and ready to go to sleep, I nearly have a heart attack when I hear a loud noise come from my nightstand.

The alarm of my horrifying loud ring tone, that seriously sounds like a purge alarm or something.

"Oh for fuck's sake" I speak loudly, as I to catch my breath. I really need to change that ringtone.

"What?!" I answer with my voice raised slightly.

"What a way to answer the phone." Sage, of course.

"Sorry I nearly jumped out of my own skin because your dumbass decided to call and for what reason exactly?" I speak laughing.

"I wanted to say actually, if I went to far earlier at work about you falling and stuff I apologize" she replies, her voice much softer than before.

Does she think that I'm really hurt by what happened? Because I'm not.

"No no Sage it's fine I promise I'm good." I try to reassure her. She doesn't need to feel guilty for anything at all.

She continues "Are you sure because I don't want you to feel-"

"Sage I swear I'm fine" I laugh while rubbing my head. "But don't think I won't really make fun of you next time you fall or do something stupid"

"You don't have nearly as much stuff on me though as I do you. Like do you remember that time we got really drunk, and you got on the table and started-"

"Sage" I warn "you finish that sentence and I will murder you and make sure nobody finds your body"

"Damn okay bitch, calm down!" She giggles.

"Well I need to get my beauty sleep, because unlike your lucky ass, I need it" I lightly chuckle while rubbing my eyes.

"Okay goodnight, love you bitch" she drags out.

"Night" I simply say. I'm too tired to say anymore.

Finally I'm able to lay down and try to go to sleep. Thank god.

All I hope is I learn to gain some balance for tomorrow cause I think I need it.