Chapter 63

Leah's POV

It's been two days since I was first admitted into he hospital and honestly, it sucks. I'm in pain and sleeping in this massively uncomfortable bed doesn't really help that at all. I already knew hospital food was bad but I swear it's gotten worse since the last time I was here. The nurse also won't let me walk around too much considering when I got an x ray a day ago, they saw that my ribs were fractured, which explained a lot on why when I breathed deeply, it hurt. Harry has honestly helped me from going insane. He's been here the entire two days, sitting and sleeping beside me. When I told him he didn't have to stay, he got very defensive and told me that under no circumstance was he leaving. It has been great having him here. It's been very comforting.

"I'm here to give you some more pain medication" the nurse speaks up as she walks into the room, making Harry and I both snap our heads towards her. This is the only decent part of my day because then I won't be hurting nearly as bad soon after she injects it into my IV.

"Yay" I mumble unenthusiastically, making Harry let out a chuckle underneath his breath. The nurse smirks at my comment before she injects the medication into my IV. "So how am I healing?" I blurt out.

"You're healing quite well. You're going to be able to go home today actually" she informs me in a casual tone.

"Thank god" I exclaim, a small smile appearing on my face.

"You have to make sure when you go home though, that you won't push yourself. You need to be easy on yourself and not do any crazy exercises" she speaks firmly as she raises her eyebrows at me.

"I swear I won't" I drag out.

"Well then if you don't need anything else right now, that's really about it. I'll be back in soon for you to sign some papers and then you can leave" she tells me softly, sending me a friendly smile as she walks towards the door.

"No, that's it. Thank you" I reply, making her nod her head at me before she walks out of the room, closing the door behind her. I then slowly turn my head towards Harry, catching his gaze with mine. "Aren't you glad it's my last day here in this hell hole?" I laugh.

The corner of his lip twitches upwards slightly before he shrugs his shoulders. "Even if you had a month left, I'd still be here. Yes I'm glad to be leaving but it doesn't matter to me as long as you are okay" he responds calmly.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, narrowing my eyes slightly. "That answer was so long and complicated when it really didn't need to be" I tease him, making him pout out his bottom lip as he pokes my hip. "Ouch" I hiss as I look down at the area then look back up at Harry, noticing the guilty and worried look on his face. I tug on my bottom lip as a wide smirk begins to creep onto my face. "I'm kidding" I whisper.

Harry stares at me blankly for a few moments before he lets out a loud sigh. "I hate you" he chuckles as he shakes his head side to side at my childish actions.

"I love you too" I exclaim, making Harry look back up at me, a smile now plastered on his face. I gaze at him, getting lost in his eyes as my mind begins to run wild. My eyes then pass from his eyes to his lips, glancing between the two intently.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry speaks up, making me come out of the daze I was in.

"I'm thinking about how bad I want to kiss you right now" I confess without hesitation.

A confused and shocked expression takes over his face before it quickly gets replaced with his famous smirk that I'll never get tired of. "Well why don't you then?" he asks me in a low and raspy voice.