Chapter 3

I hate mornings. I've never once enjoyed them.
Maybe when I was little on Christmas morning, anything other than that, I've always hated them.

As I'm starting to wake up I hear noise coming from right outside my door.

It's Zoe and Sage.

All I can hear is Sage's muffled words and then Zoe saying "no don't" or trying to stop Sage from doing something.

As I'm in my own head I hear "It's just a little water" coming from Sage.

Absolutely not. We are not playing this game.

I look around for anything that I can, something to use against Sage. There's a cup of water I brought with me to bed last night.

Yes thank god!

I hear the doorknob start to turn so I immediately pretend I'm asleep. I can hear Zoe whispering protests to Sage.

She has no idea what is coming for her.

I can hear them inching closer to my bed as I'm getting mentally prepared to attack.

They stop right next to where I lay on my bed. It's go time.

I quickly jolt up out of bed and look Sage straight in the face. Sage freezes when she's shocked or scared. Which gives me enough time to pour the water on her.

As quickly as possible I reach over, swiftly grabbing the cup of water, dumping it straight over her head.

Mission complete.

She drops her cup of water then lets out a scream. She just sits there in shock not knowing what to do.
Zoe is also extremely shocked. She's just standing behind Sage looking between the two of us with her mouth hung open.

But I was also shocked too, I wasn't planning on waking up with my best friend saying she's going to dump water on me. We are still sitting in silence. It's actually starting to kinda scare me. I see Sage push back her smile and go to serious.

Fuck I need to run.

I immediately jump out of my bed and run to the living room just to put some distance between us.
"Leah I will kill you" she says, trying to hide the humor in her voice.

"COME GET ME THEN BITCH" I yell back laughing.

I've woken up in a different body apparently because Sage could actually kill me if she wanted to.

She chases me around for a little but then we both get tired and I call a truce. I just woke up, give me a break. She goes and changes into some dry clothes while I sit on the couch waiting for her.

She then comes over to me and slaps my shoulder "You sneaky bitch! That was next level cruel"

"You're the one that was trying to come at me first!" I chuckle.

"True I guess. That was good though I'll have so admit" she replies as she smirks to herself. She then throws herself on the couch, finally accepting defeat.

What can I say, don't mess with me.

-

So Zoe and Sage ended up dragging me to the mall. Why? I have no idea. Sage said something like 'You need to get out more' Which I appreciate her concern but I'm doing just fine the way I am.

As we are waking past the Nike store I see this dude smile at me and look me up and down.

Yes we made eye contact. It was very uncomfortable.

Zoe turns around with her eyes wide and her eyebrows raised expecting me to say something.

"What?" I ask confused.