Chapter 69

I wake up to the sound of rain roughly falling onto the ground outside of my window, making me let out a small groan as I roll that direction. My eyes flutter open as I look over at the window, seeing the curtains blowing upwards due to the window being open. Harry and I decided to open the window last night because it got quite hot in our room and when we turned it down, it got way to cold anywhere outside of the room.

I have to admit, all of this is quite relaxing actually. The room being dimmed by the slight amount of light outside and the rain falling onto the ground. And the best part, Harry's arms being wrapped over my stomach as I feel his small breaths on the back of my neck. I've always loved the sound of rain, it's always been so soothing to me.

I then feel a cold gust of wind blow through the room, making me pull a lot of the covers towards me, putting it underneath my chin. I let out a long sigh as I begin to lightly shiver underneath my covers that seem to do nothing for me. "You're taking all the covers" I hear Harry speak hoarsely behind me.

I roll my eyes before I slowly turn around to face him, seeing his hair all of the place as his eyes remain closed. "I'm cold" I mutter in a small voice as I nearly bury my entire head under the covers.

Harry's eyelashes flutter for a few moments before his gaze meets mine, his light green eyes burning into mine. Pity then clouds his features before he grips onto the covers, raising them up. "C'mere" he murmurs as he glances between me and the spot beside him A smile twitches onto my lips before I waste no time to scoot myself over to him, resting my head on his chest as I wrap my arm tightly around his stomach. "You're shivering Leah" he breathes.

"I know" I let out a breathy laugh. "I said I was cold" I mumble.

"Yeah cold, not near damn freezing to death" he lets out a small laugh as he wraps his arm around my waist and starts to run his fingers through my hair. "Leah your feet feel like they've been sitting in ice water for an hour" he adds nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry" I giggle as I teasingly run my foot up his calf, making him flinch away slightly before he playfully pinches my side. "Hey!" I exclaim when he does so.

His stomach bounces a few time as low laughs escape his lips. Once our laughs quiet down, he presses a lingering kiss to the top of my head as he continues to run his fingers through my hair gently. "The sound of the rain, it's peaceful. Isn't it?"he speaks up again in a low voice.

"It is. I feel like I could lay here forever" I sigh as I curl myself into him more, feeling my body starting to finally warm up. "I for once didn't get out of bed before you woke"

"You didn't" he gasps. I let out a chuckle at his exaggeration before I feel him lower his head, his lips coming close to my ear. "I guess now I get to keep you in bed all day, or maybe forever" he whispers before he presses a soft kiss to my temple. "That's the rule"

I tug on my bottom lip as I warm smile begins to creep onto my face. I slowly raise my head, shifting my body to look at him, now laying on my stomach as I rest my chin on his chest, my hands placed underneath. "Is it now?" I murmur.

"Mm-hmm" he hums as he reaches forward, gently brushing my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear.

I stick my tongue out slightly, wetting my lips as I slowly start to nod my head. "Well I guess I have nothing better to do" I drag out lowly.

The corner of his lip curves up into a wide smile before he runs his hand down to my cheek, cupping my face in his hand. He gazes at me intently for a few moments, making butterflies start to erupt in my stomach. He rubs his thumb along my cheek before his gaze moves down to lips and he slowly leans forward, closing the distance between our lips. The second his lips touch mine, warmth spreads rapidly through me and I instantly feel safe and secure.