Chapter 21

Harry sits there frozen, staring at me like he's just seen a ghost. All I can hear is my heart beating out of my chest, the ocean crashing in a distance, and the cool breeze making the leaves rustle.

"What?" He breathes in shock.

I bite my lip looking down at my hands "Please don't make me repeat it" I beg.

Harry cups my face, moving my gaze to meet his eyes. "Leah talk to me" He whispers, licking his lips.

I look down, closing my eyes, then taking in a deep breath "I'm scared that I'll fall in love with you because I know if I do, you're it for me" I blurt out, tugging on my lip with my teeth, feeling the tears start to well up in my eyes again "I'm scared because you mean so much to me. You're everything I think about, everything I want, everything I need" I admit.

I feel a hot tear roll down my check, I look away and wipe it, not wanting him to see how weak and broken I am. "I'm always crying!" I shout, making his eyes widen.

He immediately grabs my face gently, wiping away the dampness left behind on my cheek, looking at me directly in my eyes "Leah I-" He stutters, shaking his head then smashing his lips into mine. I instantly respond, kissing him back with just as much force. This kiss is different, I can practically feel his love.

When he pulls away, we just rest our foreheads on each other's, in silence until I speak up "I'm not good with my words Harry, so I have no idea how to show you how I feel" I speak up, making him look at him.

He shakes his head "You don't need to, I know" He replies in a soft voice. I nod in response, as I turn to face the view then rest my head on Harry's shoulder.

I don't think I could ever explain how scared I am. I'm scared that he loves me and I'm scared that I could feel the same, it absolutely petrifies me for some reason.

I've never thought about if I wanted that, do I want what Sage and Zoe have? Sometimes I think I do but then I think of all the pain that comes with it. Would Harry be worth that? If I was madly in love with him, would all the pain be worth it?

It would. He'd be more than worth it.

"I thought I lost you" I hear Harry mumble. I pick my head up and look at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "When you walked out of the door I thought-" He pauses, sucking in a sharp breath, while he twists the rings on his fingers "I didn't know if you would come back" He confesses.

I bite the inside of my check "I mean it is my place" I reply, as Harry lightly chuckles to himself, making a small smile appear on my face "I wasn't going to come back tonight, but now thinking about it, I probably would have" I say, shrugging.

"It hurt to walk away from you, and leave you alone. It took everything in me to do that. I just needed my space to process everything-"

"Leah you don't need to explain, I understand." He interrupts me

"I'm sorry though" I murmur, making him turn his whole body to face me again.

He softly grabs my chin and presses a gentle kiss to my lips, letting it linger there for a moment before pulling away "It's okay" He replies softly.

I tilt my head at him "Are you okay?" I question.

"What?" He asks in shock and confusion.

I let out a long sigh "When you walked over to me, I could tell you were crying, and you always ask me if I'm okay so honestly, are you okay?" I ask.

He looks around for a moment like he's thinking about his answer, before swallowing hard "It hurt...a lot" He speaks up, making me freeze "Seeing you react the way you did, you would barley even look at me, then when I got here you were so distant as first" He admits, looking away, shaking his head