Chapter 64

I suddenly wake up, confused and lost with tears running down my cheeks as Harry kneels in front of me. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at the scared and concerned expression on his face. I then look around the room slowly, realizing I'm sitting in the corner of the bedroom, with my knees crunched up to my chest. Everything from my nightmare then begins to flash back to me, making me heart feel like it's being twisted in my chest. "Harry I-" I begin at a loss for words. "I'm so sorry" I breathe.

He stares at me for a moment before he lets out a long sigh while his head drops to look down at the ground. He then raises his eyes to meet mine again before he cups my face in his hand. "For what?" he asks softly.

"For everything" I answer him as I run my fingers through my hair. "I keep scaring you with these nightmares and I'm so sorry" I mumble as I drop my hands back on my knees. "I don't want to keep having them. I don't want to feel like this anymore" I confess as I strangled sob tears through my lips, making me quickly put my hands over my mouth to try and silence it.

"Love, come here" Harry mutters as he pulls me into his chest. He puts his hand on the back of my head, passing his hand over my hair as I sob into his chest, my emotions overwhelming me. I cry into his chest for what feels like forever until I slowly pull away from him. Harry's face drops when he sees mine as he reaches forward, wiping my under my eyes and along my soaked cheeks. "Do you want to talk about it?" he questions me hesitantly. I nod my head at him in response as I glance between him and the bed.

Before I know what he's doing, Harry sweeps me up in his arms, carrying me bridal style to the bed. He sets me down gently before he sits down in front of me, fiddling with the rings on his fingers slightly. I look down at my hands that rest in my lap, my heart beating rapidly in my chest as I let out a long sigh. "It was about my dad, like it usually is" I begin quietly, making Harry look up at me. "When he was hurting me, it wasn't when I was child. It was here in this apartment" I inform him. His forehead creases as tilts his head at me, a pained expression crossing his facial features.

"And you weren't there" I whisper.

Harry's eyelashes flutter a few times as his eyes begin to glisten when the golden light above us shines on them. He sniffles through his nose before he rubs it and looks down at his lap, clearly hurt by my words. "I know that would never happen Harry. It was just a stupid nightmare" I try to reassure him as I reach forward to grasp his hand in mine.

Harry doesn't grab my hand back, making worry set in before he suddenly puts his hand above mine, rubbing his thumb along the back of it. "I know" he replies in a hushed tone. I know not to believe a single word that is falling off of his lips. "I just want to know how you feel right now though" he adds.

I stick my tongue out slightly, wetting my dry lips as I roll my lips into my mouth. "I hate them so much. I just want to be free of them. It's like no matter how hard I try to be happy or okay, my father will always haunt me and they'll never go away-" I speak frantically.

"Don't say that. One day they will" he interrupts me gently.

I bite on the inside of my cheek as I shake my head side to side. "No they won't..." my voice fades out into silence as I stare blankly ahead of me. "because I'll always be scared of him" I admit as tears start to well up in my eyes. "I know I'm twenty four and I shouldn't be scared of him anymore but-" my voice cracks, making my clear my throat as I wipe underneath my eyes. "I'm petrified of him Harry" I cry.

Sadness clouds his features as his eyebrows droop. He gently pulls me closer to him before he puts his hands on my cheeks, gazing intently into my watery eyes. "He's never going to hurt you again. Okay? I won't ever let him lay a finger on you Leah. Not ever again. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that but I promise you my love, I will always be here to keep you safe" he speaks with reassurance in his voice.