Chapter 30

Harry and I have done nothing all day. We've laid around and watched movies pretty much all day, except going to my grandmothers house. I'm actually pretty shocked I thought about taking Harry there, I just wanted to take him somewhere that would hopefully get his mind off of everything that happened with him and that guy over the phone.

I feel like I'm probably overthinking everything that happened with the phone call situation, but I'm just confused as to why he's so scared of getting me involved, it can't be that bad. I mean I doubt he's a serial killer, he could barley hurt a fly. It's just the way he spoke to that person, it was completely different than how he speaks to me, it was so aggressive and stern.

"Leah? Anyone there?" I hear Harry speak, making me come out of the daze I was in.

I shake my head then look at him "Yeah, sorry I was in my own head" I chuckle then look down at my hands that lay on my lap.

"Are you okay? You seemed really out of it" Harry asks softly, putting his hand over mine.

I look down at his hand on top of mine, before quickly getting off of the bed "I'm fine, I just want to take a shower" I blurt out quickly. I rush to the bathroom before he even has a chance to reply.

I don't know why I just reacted all weird, I just feel extremely tense and off, maybe it's because of going to my grandmothers house today. Maybe it was a lot more to handle then I thought. All I know is hopefully a hot shower can help how I'm feeling.

I close the bathroom door, letting out a sigh before I look at myself in the mirror, to say the least, I look like an absolute train wreak. My hair is all over the place, and I have extreme dark circles under my eyes. I rub my hands over my face before grabbing the hem of my shirt, yanking it up and over my head.

I go to the shower and turn it on, taking a few moments to find the perfect temperature. I pull my shorts down my legs, also pulling my underwear with it. I catch a glance at myself in the mirror, making a slight frown appear on my face. I've always tried to cover up my insecurity with my attitude and humor, and sometimes I feel great about my body, but for some reason, now looking at myself, I don't.

I suck in a sharp breath, swallowing hard before I turn away from the mirror and unclip my bra quickly then step into the shower. The second the hot water starts to trickle down my back, my shoulders slump down, instantly relaxing. I didn't even know my body was so tense until I got into the shower. I run my hands through my hair before putting it to one side, letting the hot water run down the back of my neck.

I stand there, my head tilted to the side, and my eyes closed as I let the relaxation sink in, letting my mind wander. I haven't gone back or visited my past, hell I haven't even really talked about it, so maybe it was a little harder on me than I thought it was going to be. When I lived with my grandmother I was nearly a different person. I drank and partied a lot, I was reckless, but I also had some fun in between all of that, or at least what I thought was fun at the time.

I was also just so angry all of the time, I held onto things that I shouldn't have. I basically felt like shit all of the time, it was only partying and drinking that made me forgot about it for a little while, but there was no true escaping it. I then let go of all of my past but the price was that I become much more cold towards others, which is why I was so confused as to why I cared that I may of hurt Harry's feelings the time I dropped him off at his apartment, the first day I met him.

That feels like ages ago, but it also feels like it was yesterday. Since Harry and I connected to quickly I feel like I've known him my whole life, but I also feel like I was just introduced to him by Sage, it's really odd actually. I'm extremely thankful she introduced me to him though. I definitely would have never thought it at the time but if there's a chance of me being saved and healed, Harry will be the one to make that happen, I just know it.