Chapter 4

Another day of work, great.

I don't hate where I work, I actually really enjoy it, I just hate getting up early in the morning.

I walk into work and Sage isn't here yet, weird. She's usually on time.

"Hey Leah" I hear Finn say from across the cafe

"Hey" I reply back, giving him a small smile.

I'm really not in the mood to talk this early.

"How are you?" Finn questions, while picking up a hand towel and drying his hands off with it then landing his eyes back on me.

I sigh dramatically "Tired. I never like waking up this early. I'm surprised I even got out of bed this morning" I sit down in a chair with my elbow on the table and my chin resting in my palm.

"Well I'm glad you're here" he smiles turning to walk away.

"Wait why?" I wondered, confused.

He turns back around looking at me with his eyebrows scrunched "Because today is a busy day...we have the sale going on."

Oh yeah the sale.

"Oh yeah sorry, forget I said that" I laugh.

My mind really isn't working properly today, is it?

As I'm in my own head, being embarrassed over how stupid I sounded earlier, Sage walls in. She's 15 minutes late.

"Hey sorry I'm late y'all" she says to everyone. I wonder why she's late?

She sees me and comes to sit down with me while she can. She seems like she's in a good mood though which is good.

"Everything okay?" I ask. Lowering my voice some.

"Yeah everything's great" she exclaims. Probably to stop me from worrying.

She starts smirking to herself. Something happened. Maybe not bad but something happened.

"Then what's got you smirking like that?" I dare to ask.

She quietly sighs then leans forward to get closer to me.

"Zoe was just distracting is all" she replies still smirking and shrugging her shoulder.

I look at her confused, with my eyebrows scrunched. I don't know if today I can't understand English but I don't understand what she means by that.

She ends up rolling her eyes at me.

"Zoe and I...this morning just lost track of time" as if that was gonna help-

And it hits me. They had sex.

"Oh my god Sage" I drag out "Number one, wasn't what I was expecting. Number two, why didn't you just tell me straight up" I say leaning back in my chair.

"Because who knows how you would have taken it, didn't want you vomiting on the floor or something" she chuckles to herself.

"I'm not that immature" I state rolling my eyes.

"Really? Okay Leah" rolling her eyes in disagreement "Speaking of sex, when was the last time you got some in?" She raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms

"I'm absolutely not talking about this with you" I nonchalantly respond.

She throws herself to sit up straight "See told you you're immature, we're adults we can talk about these things"

"Well if you consider that immature then fine, that's what I am because I won't talk about my sex life with you" I laugh shaking my head and turning the other way.