Chapter 97

Trigger Warning
There will be the mention of sexual assault and her telling her story. If this is a trigger to you, please skip over this chapter.

* * * *

Today has been very exhausting.

After Harry and I watched the sun rise, we sat in the back of his car, enjoying the cool breeze as we enjoyed each other's company. I then suddenly remembered that I had work which make me quickly sit up as I informed Harry of it. He seemed quite calm as we both hopped back into the front, him getting into the drivers seat as I sat in the passenger seat. I started to feel my exhaustion on the drive back to the apartment, which ended up making me fall asleep in the car.

I then remember waking up back in bed, my alarm now going off. I turned it off before I looked next to me, seeing Harry laying on his back beside me as I lay on his extended arm. I gazed at him for a few moments, taking in his complete and utter beauty before I slowly got out of bed, making sure I wouldn't wake him since my alarm didn't. I then quietly got dressed for work, leaving a soft kiss on his forehead, earning a small hum from him as he rolled over and tightly gripped onto the pillow beside him, cuddling it.

I chuckled at his reaction before I left the apartment and made my way to work. I've always hated leaving Harry alone in the apartment when he's asleep because I know that it upsets him when he wakes up without me there. About an hour later of me being at work, Harry messaged me a clearly sad 'you left without saying goodbye to me' text. I don't think he quite realizes I refuse to wake him up before I go to work just to say bye to him, even if he wants that.

I quickly explained that to him before I got back to work, texting him a few times here and there but mainly on my lunch break. It was overall a very boring and exhausting day at work. I didn't get all that much sleep before I had to wake back up this morning after Harry and I had our little adventure. So by the end of the work day, I really started to feel the effects of me not getting much sleep and choosing to go watch the sun rise over sleep. I definitely don't regret the decision I just wish I had more time to sleep.

So to say the least, I was very relived when I was finally able to go home and I didn't waste any time to drag myself out to my car to make my way back home to Harry. I quickly unlock the apartment before I head inside, closing the door behind me as I set my things down on the counter. I let out a long sigh as I walk into the kitchen, opening up the fridge, grabbing out a water bottle, taking a long sip out of it.

"Leah? Is that you?" I hear Harry yell from the bedroom.

"No" I mumble to myself, chucking lightly as I set the water bottle down. "Yes it's me" I reply loudly, making sure he can hear me. I then walk out of the kitchen, heading into the bedroom. Once I walk in, I see Harry sitting down on the bed with our photo book laying open on the bed right in front of him. "Whatcha doing?" I drag out as I hop into bed right in front of him, crossing my legs over one another in front of me.

"Just looking through all the photos we've taken. How was work?" he questions me as he lays his hand on my knee, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

"It sucked" I inform him, letting out a dry laugh. "Because I didn't get that much sleep, I've been very tired all day" I sigh.

"So are you regretting your spontaneous thing this morning?" he smirks.

"No absolutely not! It was just the mix of me not getting that much sleep and today being really boring that exhausted me. I wouldn't take back what happened this morning though" I reassure him, sending him a small smile. "Now can I ask you why you were looking at our photos?" I quickly change the subject.