Chapter 55

Last night was a blur.

I remember getting up from my nightmare, it being about Harry once again which really freaked me out. I then stumbled out into the kitchen and grabbed out a bottle of wine, taking a few shots right off the bat. I began to dance around the room, which now feels almost like a dream. Then I must of woken Harry up because he came out of the bedroom with a lot of questions. I somehow ended up convincing him I was okay, so then he danced with me for awhile after.

I wasn't okay. I used alcohol to cover up how I was feeling. I drank thinking that it would make me feel better, when that's never the case. I was petrified after waking up from that nightmare. Once I left the bedroom, I shed a few tears due to what I had just seen in the dream. I remember being so scared when Harry almost figured out that the nightmare was different, I'm actually surprised he didn't figure it out.

When I woke up today, I had a bit of a headache so I carefully removed Harry's arm from around my waist before I got up and took some medicine. Then when I was trying to get ready for work, I accidentally woke Harry up. Harry quietly begged me to come back into bed, to which I kept telling him I couldn't because I had to go to work. He laid there, gazing at me with the cutest pout on his face the entire time.

I quickly kissed him before I left for work, not wanting him to convince me to stay home. To say the least, work today was quite boring. We were really busy so I didn't have time to really talk to Sage or Finn which really sucked. Even my lunch break was extremely boring, to the point that I texted Harry, begging him to entertain me. He felt a bit bad that it wasn't the greatest day at work, but he kept telling me that it was my fault because I didn't stay home with him.

I then ended rolling my eyes at him, asking him what would happen that would be worth me staying home. To which, he of course replied with a sexual comment on how if I stayed, he definitely would of made it worth it. I then got off of the phone with him to go back to work, a huge smile on my face and my cheeks heated slightly.

Once I'm finally done with work, I drive home and park the car in the apartment parking lot before I walk up. I open the door, closing it behind me before I walk down the hallway, walking straight into the bedroom. Right when I walk in, I notice Harry laying on his side with the blanket draped over his hip, loud breathes escaping his lips.

I let out a small sigh before I quietly close the door, then tiptoe to the closet. I strip off my work clothes and bra, changing into lose cotton shorts and shirt. I then pick up my purse from the floor before I walk to my side of the bed, leaning down for a moment to put my purse on the floor. I then feel hands slither around my stomach, making me jump slightly.

I then let out a long sigh as I put my hands over his. "I thought you were asleep" I speak up as I run my hands up his.

I feel him bring his face up to the crook of my neck, letting his breath fan over my neck before he presses a small kiss to the spot. "I'm definitely not, I just pretended" he murmurs.

I let out a breathy laugh before I turn around, making Harry move his hands to my hips. He then pulls me forward, making me let out a small yelp. "Harry" I drag out as I crawl on the bed, before I put my knees on either side of him, straddling his lap. I let out a small sigh as I gaze at him. "Hi" I blurt out in a gentle tone.

He licks his lips, the corners of his lips turning up into a warm smile as he gazes at me fondly. "Hi" he replies softly, before he lightly brushes my hair out of my face, then attaches his lips to mine. I put my arms around his neck as I lean into him, feeling a warmth of love and adoration start to bubble up inside of me. Harry then yanks at the spot underneath my knee, making me bring my legs out from under me to wrap them around him, my body being pressed up against his.