Chapter 2

TW // Abuse.

"No please stop" I cry out as I'm being dragged into the house. My heart beating out of my chest.

"No Leah you've done pissed me off" He yells, throwing me into the wall "You don't know when to shut your mouth do you?"

I can barely hear him over my sobs "No please stop I didn't do anything" I plead.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH" he screams. "You don't see it? You're a spitting image of her! You disrespectful and ungrateful bitch"

"Please don't, please" I kept repeating over and over to myself as if it were going to save me or if he heard, it would stop him. It never did

"Oh my god" he says while rubbing his temples. "FOR FUCKS SAKE STOP CRYING"

What comes next doesn't shock me anymore at this point but it still hurts.

He slaps me across my face, and I fall to the floor, holding my cheek bawling, trying to hide in any way I can from him.

This monster. My father.

He yanks me up and pushes me up against the wall once again except this time, he has his hand wrapped around my throat and I'm struggling to breathe.

"YOU NEVER LEARN LEAH" He shouts. I can't move. I can't do anything, but just pray this is all over soon, in whatever way that is.

I start kicking my legs, trying to find some way to get oxygen back but his strong grip on my neck gives him the advantage.

He ends up releasing me at the last second and pushing me aside like I'm some worthless piece of trash.

All I can do is just sit in shock and sob. Wishing that I had someone to protect me and love me, but no matter how hard I try to imagine and hope, it never comes.

I end up running to my room and pull the knife from under my bed and I start to do what I know deep down won't help, but the only thing to get my mind off of what just happened. To hopefully take away some emotional pain.

Blood. Is all I see.

"I can't do this anymore" I cry out. "Why is he so cruel? Why does he hate me so much? What did I do" I ask out loud but I'll never know.

-

"AHH" I shriek, throwing myself upright trying to catch my breath. I can literally hear my heart beating in my ears.

Another nightmare, of that horrible night I wish I could forget. The man who hurt me most. The man I haven't spoken of since I was fifteen.

I woke up in a complete cold sweat, I was soaking head to toe.

I take a long sigh "Ugh I need a shower" it may also help me relax, but mainly to get all this disgusting sweat off of me.

Once the hot water starts trickling down my back, my shoulders instantly relax and I become less tense.

I've had these nightmares quite a bit. It's the same few every time. I can't think about it after I wake up, there's no point. It's the past, and I'm not affected by it anymore, or at least that's what I try to convince myself.

It's something I grew up with, something I became almost used to. Fucked up I know. But there's nothing I can do about it now except move on.

I finally step out of the shower and immediately wrap the towel around me.

I just get dressed in leggings in a t-shirt because it's super comfortable and it's not like I'm planning on going anywhere.

"Shit! Ugh!" I whine.