Chapter 62

Harry's POV

I let out a loud groan, coming back to my senses, assuming I must of blacked out for a second. When I open my eyes, I see glass and blood everywhere and the wind shield and windows completely destroyed now. I feel the seat belt starting to hurt since I'm now upside down and the car is flipped over. I go to rub my eyes but hiss when my wounded knuckles rub against my cheek. My entire body is in pain and all I know is I need to get out of this car. "Leah are you okay?" I let the words slip out before I look towards her.

In this moment, I freeze. Everything around me freezes.                                   

She doesn't respond. She doesn't utter a single word or move a single muscle. "Leah" I repeat her name once more, worry laced clear in my voice as I reach out and shake her arm slightly.

Nothing. No response.

"No no no" I whisper as I feel panic start to arise in me. "You aren't- you can't be" I mumble to myself, not even being able to speak the word that will destroy me. I swallow the sob in my throat that wants to escape before I reach down to where my seat belt buckles, quickly unbuckling it, making me fall onto the roof of the car that now has glass all over it.

I don't care about that though. All I care about is knowing that she's okay.

I reach up to my head, rubbing it slightly, the fall onto my head affecting me a bit. I quickly try to crawl out of my window, it being a lot harder that I presumed. I let out a loud grunt when I feel glass tear through the skin on my thigh, it making me let out a small cry in the back of my throat. I get the strength to drag myself out of the car completely, letting out a long sigh once I get out of it. I look back at my thigh, seeing a decently big wound and a lot of blood being released, it soaking my shorts. I choose to ignore that as I push myself onto my feet, limping over to the other side of the car.

I throw myself down next to her window, peeking my head through to see her unconscious, hanging there like her body has no life behind it. I feel my heart tighten at the sight and my heart begin breaking but I reach forward, trying to gently unbuckle her seat belt. "Don't worry love, I got you" I speak softly before I catch her when the buckle comes undone.

I gently pull her body out, making sure beforehand there's no glass sticking up where the window once was. I stick my legs out while I hold her across my lap, putting my arm underneath her neck, trying to give her some support. I put my other hand on her cheek, cupping her already cut and bruising face, running my thumb along her skin as I gaze down at her. "Please baby wake up" I quietly beg, my breath hitching in my throat as a sob tears through my lips. "I really can't do this without you. I still need you" I cry.

Once I wipe my tears from my eyes, I slowly look down, seeing her chest moving up and down, showing she's still breathing. I put my fingers on the side of her neck, quickly feeling her pulse, making me let out a long sigh of relief. I then hear police and ambulance sirens coming near us, making me quickly snap my head in that direction. Everything moves in slow motion when they all run out towards us, the paramedics leaning down, grabbing her from my arms before they put her on a stretcher. I quickly follow after them, getting into the back of the ambulance with them, staying right by her side as we drive towards the hospital.

-

Once we get to the hospital I stand aside as they quickly roll her inside, following closely behind them to see what's going on. They go behind a door but before I can walk in after them, a nurse steps in front of me. "You can't go in there yet. They need to do everything they can do to keep her stable and see exactly what's going on" she explains softly.