Chapter 29

Harry and I ended up watching the notebook...again. I have to admit, it's a pretty good movie and Harry can act like he didn't care much for it but what he doesn't know, is that I saw his eyes get watery towards the end, I won't tease him about it though.

I hear a ringer go off, like someone is calling. I look down at my phone and notice it's not mine so I look over to Harry and see him immediately pick up his phone, becoming tense when he looks at the caller ID "I need to take this, I'll be right back" He blurts out quickly before rushing out of the room.

He leaves me alone in the room, extremely confused as to why he reacted the way he did over someone calling him. I've never reacted that way over someone calling me or texting me, except with my mother texting me. I completely forgot about her text. I have no idea if I want to even see her. I still don't know what I'm doing to do.

I sigh, getting up from the bed to go to my closet to find some pants to put on. When I walk by the bedroom door I hear Harry arguing with someone on the phone, I can't help listening in a bit.

"You knew the old me, I've changed and I'm not getting involved in that shit again" I hear Harry sternly say, the tone of his voice making my shivers run up my body. He sounds different, he sounds scary, not like the Harry I know.

There's a silence for a few moments, probably because the person on the other line is speaking. Listening to one side of a conversation doesn't do much, I turn around to walk away until I hear Harry speak up, making me freeze in my tracks.

"Do not bring her into this" He speaks in a deep warning tone, making my heart stop. I'm pretty sure he's talking about me, it's something he doesn't want me knowing, or being apart of. A million thoughts start to run though my head, until I come back to my senses. I trust Harry, but doesn't mean I'm not curious on what he's hiding from me.

"I refuse to have her apart of this bullshit, therefore she will not know, end of story" He replies in a calmer tone, but his voice is still deep and rough, the type of voice that immediately sends goosebumps through your body, and not the good kind. Silence falls over the room again until a few moments later I hear Harry slam something down...maybe his hand on the counter?

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT SPEAKING OF HER NAME! YOU KNOW THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!" He shouts. I can practically hear his loud breathes from anger, he sounds like he's about to explode. I stand there frozen, not knowing what to do, just hearing his tone of voice scares me, going out there will be a different story. Should I let him cool off?

Silence consumes the apartment again until I hear Harry speak up "Fine" He spits, before slamming something down. I open the door to see Harry walking back and forth, with his fists balled up near his sides.

"Fuck!" He yells before slamming his fists down into the counter. He rubs his temples before reaching to pick up a glass cup.

"Harry stop!" I shout, making his eyes meet mine "Stop destroying stuff!" He sniggers under his breath before putting the cup down, and putting his head in his hands.

"You listened in on that conversation didn't you?" He speaks quietly, still looking at the ground. When I don't respond, Harry looks up at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I didn't-"

"You're lying" He raises his voice, rolling his eyes at me. The look on his face and the way he's acting makes me nearly want to break down.

"Well if you knew I listened in, why did you ask the question?" I bite back, making Harry clench his jaw and look away from me, like he doesn't care about what I have to say.