Chapter 32

As we step into the crowded club, a rush a memories start to come back, hitting me like a train. The powerful smell of alcohol and sweat dripping off of people's bodies overpowers the place, making me nearly stop in my tracks. Why did I come?

Everywhere I look, I can't help but see my past flash before my eyes. The whole point was to get away from my past, but here I am. I try to remind myself that this time is different. I'm here for one night only, and nothing bad is going to happen. One thing I can't escape though, is the awful stench in this place, but in some way, it's almost calming.

All I can see is red. The neon red lights illuminating the whole place a blood red color, and people grinding on each other like their life depends on it. The girls swaying their hips in every direction onto the person behind them, as sweat starts to slowly dip down their bodies.

The whole place is almost intoxicating.

I feel someone's hand grip firmly around my waist, making me jump. Once I come out of my own head I realize it was just Harry trying to get my attention, making me let out a long sigh.

He dips his head down near my ear "Are you okay?" He speaks quite loudly over the music.

I quickly start to nod my head, not wanting to make him worry. I give him a small reassuring smile, then suddenly see Sage and Zoe come up next to us. When Sage and I make eye contact she motions with her head to go over to the bar with her. She takes Zoe's hand and practically drags her behind her. I'm glad one of us is thrilled for the night to begin.

I take a deep breath before looking down at Harry's hand, interlocking our fingers together. I shake my head then start to walk towards where Sage and Zoe have sat at the bar. I sit down on the barstool right next to Sage, Harry sitting down soon after me. I look over at him for a brief moment and notice how tight his jaw is clenched and how tense he looks. I put my hand on his knee, in hopes to try to relax him some.

Spoiler, it doesn't help at all.

Next thing I know Sage is handing Harry and I both a shot. I do one of the dumbest things possible and put my nose right above the glass and smell it, making the inside of my nose burn.

"Holy fuck what is this?" I shout, trying to get her attention. She just laughs at me and shakes her head over the fact that I smelt it.

"It's vodka idiot" she laughs before quickly putting it to her lips and throwing her head back, quickly swallowing it.

"Straight?" I yell, then start to rub my temples. My head already starting to pound over the loud music in this place.

Sage nudges my shoulder "Just take it girl, let loose for one night that's it" Sage speaks, letting her gaze linger on me, wanting to see what I choose to do.

I look back down at the shot in my hand, sucking in a sharp breath through my nose. I put the glass to my mouth, and throw my head back, letting the liquid pour down my throat, leaving a familiar burning sensation as it runs down.

I slam the shot glass down on the table, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the feeling in my throat. Thing is, I was always good at dealing with alcohol, and being able to get it down, but since I haven't had something that strong in awhile, it takes a bit to get used too again.

"Look what the devil brought in" I hear a deep voice speak. I immediately snap my head up and I meet eyes with a very familiar face.