Chapter 68

You know how Harry said he was going to become Everleigh's favorite ?

Well I think now Everleigh is his favorite.

I've been replaced.

This entire weekend Harry has been spoiling Everleigh as much as possible, making Everleigh of course love him. I swear she's been attached to his hip this whole weekend, then every once in awhile remembering I still exist. No matter how much I tease Harry for stealing Everleigh away from me, I love to see them getting along and her finally feeling comfortable with him. And if I'm quite honest, it warms my heart to sit back and observe how much he adores her and how good he is with her. He'll definitely be a good father. I have no doubt in my mind about it.

When Harry and I woke up today, we actually woke up about an hour before Everleigh. Everleigh always wakes up at ten in the morning for some reason so we know to be up before then. Harry begged me to stay in bed with him until she woke but I tried to ignore his words as I got out of bed. I really do hate leaving Harry alone in the bed and not staying in it with him. It takes everything in me to be able to leave

I did get out of bed for a good reason though. I decided to make breakfast for all of us, so then when Everleigh woke up, food would be ready for her. After a few minutes, Harry comes out of the room, now dressed as he walks over to me. "You choose making breakfast over staying in bed with me?" Harry murmurs as he comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my stomach as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

I chuckle as I lean my head slightly into him. "It's not just for me. It's for you and Everleigh as well" I tell him quietly as I flip the pancakes on the pan.

"Well I would of much preferred if you stayed in bed with me" he mumbles as he presses a gentle kiss to the crook of my neck, making me let out a low hum in the back of my throat.

"Everleigh definitely wouldn't prefer that" I mutter, letting out a small giggle.

"Oh and now you pick Everleigh over me" he gasps dramatically before he moves beside me, resting his hip against the counter.

"You've definitely chosen her over me so call it even" I bite back, the corner of my lip starting to turn up into a small smirk. Harry jaw goes slack but before he can reply, we hear a door open and then a quiet sound of feet patting against the floor. "Good morning angel" I speak softly once Everleigh walks into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes as she lets out a small yawn.

"Morning" she replies lowly as she looks up at us. "Are you making food?"she questions us as she takes a few small steps towards us, trying to get a look of the plates of food on the counter.

"Yes I am. You actually woke up perfectly on time because I just finished" I answer her as I put the last pancake on one of the plates, before I turn back around to look at her. "Are you ready to eat?"

"Yes. I'm hungry" she nods her head quickly as she puts her hands over her stomach.

I chuckle and nod my head at her before I gently hand her plate to her. "Do you like syrup on your pancakes?" I ask her, making her nod her head in response. I grab my plate and grab the syrup before I go and sit at the kitchen table, making Everleigh follow right behind me before she sits beside me.

I add some syrup onto my pancakes before I pass it over Everleigh. "Can you do it yourself or do you want my help?" I question her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I can do it by myself" she reassures me before she grabs the bottle out of my hand. I slowly look over to Harry who now sits beside me, noticing the unsure look on his face before I look back over at Everleigh.