Chapter 36

Elizabeth's POV
                                *Flashback*

It's one in the morning and Harry isn't home yet...once again.

Since he's started hanging out with Aiden and Nick he's been staying out late, then coming home drunk out of his mind. I want Harry to go out and have fun and have friends, but Aiden and Nick are definitely not the kind of people I'd want him to surround himself with.

I don't even know why he still hangs around with them, he never says anything good about them, at least not about Aiden. I've sensed this change in him since he's started hanging out with them more, and not a good kind of change.

I hate bringing this up to him, because I don't want him thinking I'm trying to control him and who he hangs out with. I'm just trying to look out for him, it's all I've tried to do. I would hate to watch him fall into this dark hole with them, and possibly lose himself in the process of trying to get out of it.

To say the least, I don't like Aiden and Nick. I definitely like Nick better, because he seems to have good intentions for Harry and actually care about his well being, but Aiden on the hand, I don't trust nor like him at all.

He's arrogant and cocky, and just plain trouble. Maybe that's because I'm naive as people would say, but I think even someone with a barley devolved brain can tell that Aiden isn't a good person. Maybe that's harsh and judgmental of me to say, but he hasn't done anything to show or prove he has good intentions.

I love and care for Harry beyond words, which is why I've tried to tell him to be carful around them. Harry usually gets really irritated when I even bring up their names, a part of me believes it's because deep down he knows I'm right but he just doesn't want to admit it to himself yet.

Love is so complicated. No matter what, I love and adore Harry, but also at times I just want to smack him upside the head, and pray it hopefully knocks some sense into him. I want him to realize I'm not going against him, I'm actually doing the complete opposite of that.

I wouldn't be here, pulling him up from every drunken night, or sticking with him through everything, if I was going against him.

He's falling, and I don't know how to save him.

I wish I knew how to though.

I'm sitting on the couch, with a cup of tea in my hand, as I scroll though articles on my laptop. I then hear the front door shut, making me instantly pull out my headphones, snapping my head towards the door.

It's Harry.

He comes through the front door, then immediately slips off his shoes. He then comes over to the couch, nearly falling onto it. "What are you doing?" He asks, as he puts his arm on the top of the couch.

"Nothing really, just reading through articles" I reply in a casual tone.

"I can think of something better we can do" he mumbles, but before I can open my mouth to speak, he attaches his lips to mine, shocking me a bit. He then closes my laptop, pushing it off of me. He grabs my thigh, swinging my leg over his lap, now having me straddle him.

I pull away from the kiss "Harry I was reading that" I whine, as I briefly look back over at my laptop.

He holds his hands up in defense "If you so insist on reading it then-"