Chapter 23

"Come on Harry please" I beg him, poking out my bottom lip. I saw this thing that parents do with their kids where they put their feet on their kids stomach and they lift them in the air like their flying and it looked fun to me but Harry doesn't find it as entertaining as I do.

"No, what are you five?" He laughs, shaking his head at me. I throw my arms up before crossing them dramatically. I guess that's what I get for trying to be cute.

I sit on the couch in silence with my arms crossed and my eyebrows furrowed. Harry then slowly turns his head to the side to face me with a loud sigh. "Come here" He speaks up.

I snap my head towards him "What?" I say confused. He then gets off of the couch and sits on the floor.

"You want to do it, so come over here and show me how to do it" He answers, shrugging. My eyes go wide as I jump off of the couch, making a small smile appear on his face.

"Lay down with your feet up in the air" I instruct, making him do what I say. I grab his ankles and put his feet flat against the bottom of my stomach. Since he is extremely tall compared to me, he has to bend his legs a lot.

"Now I'm going to lean over and grab your hands for support and then you're going to straighten your legs up in the air, making me come off of the ground, got it?" I tell him, with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah I got it" He nods "Let's just hope I don't fling you across the room" He teases, making me roll my eyes as I lean down to his face to grab his hands. He interlocks his fingers with mine, as I take a deep breath.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod in response before he slowly starts to straighten his legs making my feet come off of the ground. I shake quite a bit until Harry completely straightens out his legs and we finally get our balance.

I chuckle looking down, seeing Harry staring right back at me with a wide smile on his face. He then laughs and bends his legs, letting me back down. When I stand up, I straighten out my shirt and shake me head "That was kind of anticlimactic but I would do it again" I speak.

Harry chuckles while sitting up, he then grabs my calves, tugging at me signaling me to sit down with him. I sit down on my knees next to him, making him give me a weird look.

"Sit here" He tells me, while looking down at his lap then back up to me. I roll my eyes at him before swinging my leg over him to sit on his lap, and wrap my arms around his neck.

"So was it fun though?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at me with a smirk playing on his face.

I sigh, looking away "Yeah it was, but it would probably be a lot better if I was a child" I laugh, then look down at the floor "I was just never able to do thinks like that as a kid so I've always wondered what it was like" I admit, connecting my eyes back with his.

I hear Harry clear his throat "If you don't mind me asking, what was your childhood like, you've never told me anything about it?" He says softly.

I bite my lip as I look away from him, trying to come up with an answer. "I haven't told you anything about it for a reason" I speak quietly, making Harry furrow his eyebrows at me. "It's too dark, even for you" I mumble.

Harry then cups my face, making my eyes meet his while he tilts his head to the side, like he's trying to understand me. "I mean like I don't want you to look at me differently or think I'm fragile" I explain.

"I basically don't want you to see how lost and doomed I am" I confess, letting out a dry laugh.

I see Harry's face completely soften before he presses a gentle kiss to my lips, letting it linger there for a moment before slowly pulling away. "You are definitely not doomed. You have so much light in you Leah, and dare I say love" He breathes.