Chapter 86

Harry and I sat in the bath for about twenty minutes, just talking about the most random things while also balancing it with some comfortable silence as we enjoyed our closeness. Then after we got out, it was around the time to start figuring out what we wanted for dinner. We looked through the dinners we had, yet nothing sounded good to us. For some reason, the both of us were craving Chinese food all of the sudden.

When I told Harry that was what I was craving, he decided he was going to go to the store to get us that for tonight. I kept telling him he didn't have to, but he reassured me saying he wanted it as well and he could get me some more soup while he was there. I knew Harry was being persistent and he wasn't going to listen to me, so I let him go. I just don't want him to overwhelm himself because of all the things he's doing for me.

I know what he's doing really isn't much but it means a lot to me. Harry these past few days since I've been sick has been amazing. He's taken complete care of me and done most of the shopping that we needed to do. When it comes to my health, he can be very persistent. He's been making sure I rest as much as possible and drink lost of water like the doctors told me to do. Usually I would find it annoying, but with him it's quite cute.

Harry left about ten minutes ago so I've occupied myself with siting in bed, watching TV. I would do something around the apartment if there was anything that needed to be cleaned up or fixed but there really isn't. One of the reasons I've hated being sick since I've been with Harry is that I feel useless and lazy. He won't let me help him clean unless he really needs my helps. He just kind of does everything on his own, and he always tells me he doesn't mind doing it.

Now when Harry notices I get frustrated because I'm not doing anything, he will have me start helping him. I know when he does it on his own, he has good intentions and it's because he wants me to rest because I'm sick. I'm just so used to do everything on my own from when I lived alone so it's so hard to just sit back and allow someone else to do it by themselves.

I then hear a loud knock come from the front door, the sound making me freeze as confusion crosses over my face. I pause the show I'm watching before I look down at my phone, seeing if Harry messaged me that he left the keys or something but there's no notification on my phone. Maybe it's Sage. She comes over sometimes without calling me first.

I pull the covers off of me, setting my feet down on the ground before I walk out of the bedroom. I set my phone down on the counter before I then walk to the front door, quickly opening it, coming face to face with a person I prayed I would never see again but I knew would come back around. "What are you doing here?" I quickly snap as I lessen the space between me and the door, feeling uncomfortable that he's here without Harry being here with me.

"I came to see my daughter since you didn't seem so pleased to see me last time" my father answers casually, the sound of his voice bringing back memories I would wish to stay buried deep.

I let out a dry laugh as I shake my head side to side in astonishment. "I wonder why I didn't seem pleased? Oh wait maybe because of how disgusting of a man you are. And if you think I'm pleased now, you're very wrong so you might as well leave-"

"I don't think that how you should treat your father Leah" he murmurs, stepping slightly closer to me.

"And abusing me is how your supposed to treat your daughter right?" I bite back, anger starting to bubble up inside of me as I glare at him. "With you did, you should be glad you aren't in jail right now"

"Was that a threat?"

I lick my lips slowly as I shrug my shoulders. "Perceive it however you want to. I just think you should humble yourself" I mutter. "This is a huge waste of my time so you can leave now. Goodbye" I quickly add before I go to close the door, but it comes to a halt when my father puts his hand on it. My eyes widen slightly as I look down, seeing his foot in the middle of the doorway, not allowing me to close the door if I wanted to. "You need to leave. Now-"